SeeUnity Mobilizes Enterprise Content Management with New Apple iPad App
DENVER, Feb. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — SeeUnity is pleased to announce the immediate availability of SeeUnity Mobile for the iPad. SeeUnity Mobile mobilizes Enterprise Content Management (ECM) through the iPad. Using SeeUnity Mobile, eDOCS and SharePoint users can browse, search, access, and download content for offline editing – all from the iPad.
With secure connectivity (leveraging WiFi, or G and EDGE telecommunications), users can easily access one or more repositories from their iPad tablets. Most critical user functionality is preserved, including the ability to browse, search and access documents and metadata. Documents can be opened and edited in compatible iPad apps of choice.
“With the tremendous growth of corporate iPad adoption, SeeUnity Mobile was a perfect fit for us,” said Brant Henne, Marketing Director at SeeUnity. “We’ve already expanded ECM access with SharePoint and desktop-based integration products. The trend toward corporate mobility represents a tremendous opportunity to increase content availability. Based on early adopter feedback, SeeUnity Mobile delivers.”
SeeUnity Mobile was developed using customer feedback and testing, to ensure the product would meet real world requirements. The app preserves key components of traditional ECM client usability, while introducing new features that highlight the iPad’s portability and form-factor. Features include:
- Access one or many eDOCS document libraries and SharePoint sites.
- View document content and meta-data, including eDOCS profile data.
- Search eDOCS libraries using full-text and\or profiles.
- Maintain a quick access favorites list of frequently accessed items.
- Download documents for offline access with single button refresh.
- View any eDOCS document version.
- View eDOCS history list.
- Send documents to other apps using Open With…
- Send documents or document links as e-mail attachments.
- Open documents from other applications (e-mail, editors, etc…).
- Documents from e-mail and other applications can be imported into ECM.
- View documents from SeeUnity SmartLinks.
- Connect via HTTP or HTTPS.
- Optional warnings when sending documents via e-mail or Open With…
Microsoft SharePoint and OpenText eDOCS are supported for use on the Apple iPad with the currently available release, with support for additional ECM systems and devices to follow.
Trial Version and Full Version Requirements
A free evaluation version of SeeUnity Mobile is available online at the iTunes store. The evaluation version includes all of the features of the full version, but access is limited to SeeUnity demo servers. The full version of SeeUnity Mobile requires access and licensing of respective eDOCS or SharePoint systems, and enterprise licensing of SeeUnity’s Core Integration Services (CIS). For more information about pricing and licensing of CIS, please contact SeeUnity at 970-776-8300, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SeeUnity is a leading provider of Enterprise Content Integration and Migration solutions. Our products enable short and long-term content coexistence strategies that increase the value of your Microsoft SharePoint and ECM investments. For more information about SeeUnity, visit www.seeunity.com.
SeeUnity and the SeeUnity logo are trademarks of SeeUnity, Inc. SharePoint is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. eDOCS is a registered trademark of OpenText corporation. iPad is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.