TouchTunes Third Annual Valentine’s Day Love Survey Taps Bar-goers to Fess Up About Celebrity Crushes, Sex and Dating Deal Breakers
NEW YORK, Feb. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Love is in the air and on the minds of bar-goers nationwide as the country gets ready for this year’s celebration of Valentine’s Day. Released today, TouchTunes Interactive Networks’ third annual Love Survey results revealed that women find legendary rocker Jon Bon Jovi to be the sexiest man in music (29%), beating out R&B sensation Usher (26%) and Country superstar Blake Shelton (24%). In less than a week, over 120,000 people across the US participated in TouchTunes’ Love Survey, sharing their opinions on love, sex and the big V-day. What 2011 celebrity break-up most shocked America? Thirty-one percent of voters were most startled by the ending of Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher’s six year marriage, followed by 27 percent who were surprised by Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries’s decision to end their 72-day union.
Conducted by TouchTunes Interactive Networks across 50,000 digital jukebox screens nationwide, the survey, which began on February 1, asked bar-going men and women ages 21+ to weigh in on the topic of love by answering questions about sex, dating and relationships.
Top results from TouchTunes Interactive Networks’ 2012 Love Survey include:
Music and Entertainment:
- Bar-goers are having amazing SEX! 29 percent of men and women said “Amazing” by Seal is the song that best describes their sex lives (we are pretty sure Heidi Klum feels differently), followed by Rihanna’s kinkier “S&M” at 25 percent.
- Breaking up is hard to do, even if you’re rich and famous! Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher shocked 31 percent of voters with the break-up of their marriage, followed by Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries (27%), Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony (24%) and Katy Perry and Russell Brand (18%).
- Jon Bon Jovi’s still got it! (29%) of all women named Bon Jovi the sexiest man in music, beating out Usher (26%), Blake Shelton (24%) and Justin Timberlake (21%).
- Rihanna might not be the “Only Girl (In the World),” but she is the sexiest! 29% of all men surveyed voted Rihanna as the sexiest woman in music, while People Magazine’s Most Beautiful Woman of 2011, Jennifer Lopez, laid claim to the hearts of Americans ages 40+ who voted her as the sexiest.
- Most important quality in a relationship? Honesty and trust (46%) overwhelmingly outranked all other choices as the most valued relationship quality, followed by hot sex (27%), sense of humor (17%) and money in the bank (10%).
- Nearly half of all participants (47%) have cheated on a partner, with an even split between men (47%) and women (46%) who fessed up to not being faithful in relationships.
- While most claim to not care, only 14 percent of Americans plan to spend V-Day alone. For those who have plans, 29 percent will spend the day with a special someone, while 25 percent will spend it with friends.
Dating Deal Breakers:
- Bad Breath is the #1 dating deal-breaker! Bad breath was voted the top dating deal breaker overall (29%), followed closely by a lack of skills in the bedroom (27%) and bad manners (27%).
- Music matters! If poor oral hygiene is in the genes, those looking for love may want to go after the 50+ crowd, who found bad taste in music (28%) to be the top dating offense.
TouchTunes Interactive Networks, the leading out-of-home interactive entertainment network in North America, kicked off the Valentine’s Day Love Survey in tandem with the release and promotion of its updated Love Songs playlist. The survey and playlist promotion is running on TouchTunes’ nationwide network of digital jukeboxes through February 14, 2012.
About TouchTunes Interactive Networks
TouchTunes Interactive Networks is the largest interactive out-of-home entertainment network in North America. TouchTunes provides entertainment and marketing solutions to 50,000 bars and restaurants. Since TouchTunes introduced the world’s first digital downloading, pay-per-play jukebox, the network has become the largest of its kind with close to 2 million songs played, on average, across the network every day. TouchTunes has a growing music library of more than three million licensed tracks, and delivered more than 900 million songs in 2011 alone. The company also provides TouchTunesTV, a unique, screen-within-a-screen interactive television experience that provides custom advertising capabilities, venue promotions and social networking opportunities. TouchTunes is a privately held U.S. corporation with offices in New York City, Arlington Heights, Illinois and Montreal, Canada. For further information please visit us at: touchtunes.com, mytouchtunes.com, facebook.com/touchtunes, twitter.com/touchtunes
SOURCE TouchTunes Interactive Networks