U.S. and UK Businesses to Double Mobile Project Spend in Next 18 Months
JERSEY CITY, N.J., Feb. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — U.S. and UK businesses are embracing mobile at an unprecedented rate, with average current investments of $422K rising to $926K in the next year and a half, and a third of companies planning to launch four or more mobile projects in the next 12-18 months. But frustrations around the cost, complexity, management and timescale of those projects are growing too, according to the Mobile Business Forecast 2012 released today by Antenna Software, which commissioned Vanson Bourne to poll 1,000 CIOs and business unit leaders in the U.S. and UK.
The Mobile Business Forecast 2012 reveals that UK and U.S. companies are working with an average of three separate mobile solutions vendors simultaneously, highlighting the general inability of suppliers to address multiple aspects of the mobile value chain. The report shows that companies undertaking concurrent development are likely to see their mobile business strategies become increasingly fragmented, hampered by redundant technologies, and difficult to manage.
The release of the Mobile Business Forecast 2012 coincides with the launch of AMPchroma(TM), Antenna’s cloud-based, mobile business suite, which allows companies to design, build, deploy and manage every type of mobile asset, including native and hybrid web-apps, mobile websites, and corporate app stores, from a single web-based console. The first mobile management solution of its kind that addresses the full mobile lifecycle, AMPchroma keeps the costs of ‘going mobile’ to a minimum by eliminating infrastructure investments and the redundant operating costs associated with disparate mobile projects. The suite has been designed to support a holistic approach to mobile management – helping CIOs unify their mobile business strategies, allowing IT departments to oversee and secure the channel, and empower individual departments to achieve their own mobile ambitions.
Jim Hemmer, CEO of Antenna, commented: “Mobile devices are now so ubiquitous that a business without a mobile strategy is a business without a strategy. Investment in mobile is growing at a meteoric rate, and that’s partly due to companies thinking beyond the app and beyond the idea that mobile is only critical when it comes to consumer engagement. Of course, the challenges and strains of joining the mobile revolution are still too much for many businesses to handle. Only when companies can quickly, securely and cost-effectively mobilize themselves whenever, wherever, and however they need to, will we see them unlocking the true potential of the mobile channel.”
“Mobile technology has changed the way that people interact, and the implications for business are equally profound,” said Eugene Signorini, Senior Vice President of Research for Yankee Group. “The question today is how companies seize the opportunities afforded to them by mobility while still maintaining control and visibility. Today an organization must consider the entire mobile experience and approach enterprise mobility in a holistic, unified fashion to satisfy both employees and customers and drive new revenues and growth.”
Frustrations for CIOs and business unit leaders
The Mobile Business Forecast 2012 showed that 45 percent of IT and business decision makers in the UK and U.S. are dissatisfied with the speed at which the mobile projects they commission get to market. In addition, 42 percent of respondents attested to being frequently dissatisfied with the eventual cost of the solutions deployed. The report revealed that, on average, projects commissioned by U.S. and UK companies take over six months to come to fruition, with one in 10 taking a year or more to complete.
“Most businesses need to move fast and effectively if they’re going to compete in today’s tough economic climate,” continued Hemmer, “but until now, that need has simply not been met in the mobile space. AMPchroma allows technical and non-technical users alike to deploy any kind of mobile project quickly, and because the whole suite is hosted in the cloud, it can be done in an extremely collaborative, flexible and cost-effective manner, increasing productivity, visibility, and engagement in the process.”
AMPchroma: Unifies and Simplifies Mobile Business
AMPchroma is built upon the Antenna Mobility Platform (AMP), Antenna’s flagship mobile business platform. AMPchroma brings color and simplicity to a complex mobile world, along with a wealth of new capabilities and functionality, including:
- Tools to build, design and publish mobile applications and websites: AMPchroma includes reusable application templates, design themes and controls to facilitate rapid design and construction of mobile apps and websites.
- Customer and employee application store capabilities: With AMPchroma, enterprises can create and manage branded application stores that allow consumers and employees to access a full spectrum of native and Web apps and digital content.
- Centralized management: AMPchroma’s single web-based dashboard empowers users to run, test and manage all mobile business initiatives, from applications, websites, content and devices, giving full visibility and control over the entire mobile strategy.
- Business systems integration: AMPchroma is powered by Antenna’s industrial strength enterprise gateway, the company’s highly scalable messaging and transactional engine that ensures proper data compression, management, integrity and synchronization required for today’s “run the business” mobile apps and websites.
- Flexible, scalable and agile: AMPchroma can be used holistically for a cross-enterprise mobile strategy, or tactically by a business user for targeted mobile apps and websites – the platform is fully extensible growing and scaling with you, only as you need it.
- Future-proofed: AMPchroma keeps enterprises ahead of today’s rapid device innovation with its patented server technology that supports more than 10,000 devices, from low-end feature phones to high-end smartphones and tablets.
- Security: AMPchroma is PCI, SysTrust and SAS70 certified. Its patent-pending hybrid container security and provisioning technology gives enterprises the full control and protection they require over both corporate- and employee-liable devices.
AMPchroma is available immediately. For more information please visit: www.antennasoftware.com
Antenna provides the most complete cloud-based enterprise mobility suite in the market, enabling both IT pros and business executives alike to create and manage mobile apps, websites and content across the entire business. AMPchroma gives Global 1000 companies the ability to create, control, measure, adapt and future-proof their mobile business strategies for employees, partners and customers in one place, increasing productivity, connectivity and engagement. Antenna’s integrated suite of mobile services provides unparalleled creativity, control and visibility throughout the entire mobile value chain. Founded in 1998, Antenna is headquartered in Jersey City, N.J., with offices around the world.
SOURCE Antenna Software