2012 “Imagine Me Beyond What You See” Mannequin Entries Inspire!
PEKIN, Ill., March 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ –The International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (iaedp) invites attendees of its Symposium 2012 in Charleston, SC to take in the emotionally charged display of entries from this year’s “Imagine Me Beyond What You See” Annual Body Image Mannequin Art Competition and Awareness Project. This awareness-through-art project encourages art therapists from treatment centers and private facilities, as well as recovering clients, students and the general public, to design mannequins that reflect their perception of beauty.
With 10 submissions from treatment centers and private practice along with two from individuals, increasing from last year’s nine entries:
- Humanity by Carolina House Eating Disorder Treatment in North Carolina
- The Onion by Casa Rosada/Oliver-Pyatt Centers
- Ying-Yang/Love-Hate by Women of Casa Verde Oliver-Pyatt Centers
- Shattered by Dr. Susan J. Mendelsohn’s Eating Disorder Therapy Group
- The Light Within by Eating Recovery Center’s Behavioral Hospital for Children and Adolescents/ Katie Pruitt, ATR-BC
- Mariposa by Eating Recovery Center’s Partial Hospital Program/Lisa Talucci, MA, LPC, ATR
- Tree of Life by Nutrition Clinic’s Intensive Outpatient Programs and Sol Stone Partial Hospitalization Program
- Unraveled by Rebecca Tishman
- Skin Deep by Reflections Eating Disorder Treatment Center at Dominion Hospital with Art Therapist Amy Greenough and Program Director Felicia Kolodner
- Blossoming into Wholeness by Residents and Alumni of The Renfrew Center of Florida
- Bella by Rogers Memorial Hospital/ Tina Szada, ATR-BC
- She is a Tree of Life by Sara Burchfiel
All mannequin entries will be displayed allowing Symposium 2012 attendees to vote in the Professionals Choice award for their favorite. To see this year’s entries and read their descriptions, visit our website at www.iaedp.com and look for the multicolored mannequin.
“Imagine Me Beyond What You See” is an annual Body Image Mannequin Art Competition and Awareness Project designed to promote a healthy awareness and acceptance of body images. This year’s judges include a distinguished panel of eating disorder professionals, art therapists, a representative from the American Art Therapy Association (AATA) and professional artist Fritz Liedtke.
The top 5 finalists will be named on Tuesday, February 28, 2012. The winner, along with awards for the First Runner-Up, Honorable Mention, and Professionals Choice will be announced during the Symposium on Saturday, March 23.
Contact: Susie Lomelino/Sarah Drew
SOURCE International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals