Training Spend Remains Steady for Key Talent Management Priorities, According to Survey
WALTHAM, Mass., March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — An online survey measuring the state of global talent management conducted by Global Novations (www.globalnovations.com) found that while reduced talent management investment is the new normal, there’s a desire for increased leadership training, an awareness of the importance of managing multiple generations in the workforce, and a preference for self-paced online and blended learning over both traditional instructor-led and newer immersive/3D learning methods.
More than 200 people completed the survey. Key points include:
- Developing the Next Generation of Leaders was the top talent management priority for 2012, over 2011′s top priority of Addressing Skill Gaps for Critical Roles.
- The majority of respondents identified Leadership Development as the key development focus for 2012, followed by Critical Skills for Managers, which includes coaching and performance management.
- The challenge of Managing Multiple Generations in the Workforce emerged as the largest global talent management challenge, followed by the Emergence/Advancement of Women.
- More respondents indicated their Diversity and Inclusion strategies were developed centrally from headquarters (55% in 2012 vs. 46% in 2011).
- For formal learning programs, respondents plan to use virtual instructor-led training (V-ILT), online self-paced, and blended more this year than in 2011. Respondents also indicated plans to use in-person ILT, online self-paced, assessments and evaluation, and blended approaches at roughly the same levels as 2011. Most respondents are not currently using 3D interactive training or indicated uncertainty around using it in 2012.
- Organizations surveyed are spending at 2011 levels or more on social and web 2.0-based informal learning programs like social networking, blogs, wikis, and forums.
The complete survey findings are available at: http://info.globalnovations.com/rs/globalnovations/images/2012GlobalTMChallengesPulseSurveyReport.pdf.
About the Pulse Survey
Global Novations conducted a Global Talent Management Pulse Survey in January 2012 to better understand what organizations are doing to attract, retain, and engage employees in today’s uncertain economy. To help clients stay abreast of shifting market trends, Global Novations conducts regular Pulse Surveys on relevant and timely topics affecting talent development professionals. The surveys are held online and open to members of the Global Novations community.
About Global Novations
Global Novations, a global talent optimization firm, helps the world’s leading organizations unleash the capacity of their employees and accelerate the achievement of business objectives. Its unique approach to talent management combines over thirty years of career development research with a strong foundation in diversity and inclusion principles. Global Novations’ full suite of solutions is designed to help organizations create an inclusive, high-performing culture that strengthens employee, partner/vendor, and customer loyalty. Its offerings include: Consulting, Training & Development, and Measurement & Assessment. Global Novations is based near Boston with an office in Cincinnati, and maintains operations in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Media Contact: Clint Poole
Tel: (781) 609-4149
SOURCE Global Novations