Better Search for Small Screens. ICAP Patent Brokerage Announces for Auction a Patented Technique for More Efficient Search on Mobile Devices with Smaller Displays
LOS ANGELES, March 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world’s largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for auction a patented technique for more efficient search on mobile devices with smaller displays from AccelKey LLC. The lot will be included in the 15th ICAP Ocean Tomo IP Auction on March 29, 2012, at Terranea Resort near Los Angeles, California.
Mobile devices (e.g., mobile phones, PDAs, tablets, etc.) often have a small screen with a limited viewing area and a small keyboard with a limited number of keys. This makes it difficult for a user to perform quick searches and selections within a list such as an address book or song listing. Some devices have a hidden keyboard that has to be slid out or opened requiring additional time to access the keyboard. Virtual keyboards are sometimes displayed on touch screens, however such keyboards may be small and difficult to use or may even require a stylus for operation.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent portfolio addresses market limitations by disclosing a technique for selecting an entry from a list of choices on an electronic device.
- Various banks (or groups of characters) with a specific set of characters are displayed on a device to the user and upon a particular selection, the set of characters in the bank is appended to a prefix and is used to determine a current result list containing entries matching the prefix.
- For example, the match may be found in the first name, middle name, or last name of a contact in a list of names in a phonebook.
- The current result list is then displayed to the user with those entries that match the prefix being highlighted.
- The user can then scroll through the reduced list of entries and make a specific selection.
- This technique enables the user to select an entry using minimal input from a display that can fit in a small area.
This IP is important for manufacturers of mobile devices (e.g., mobile phones, PDAs, tablets, etc.) and those who develop software applications for these devices.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Patent Brokerage at 561-309-0011 or Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world’s largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world’s leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage