Bow Wow Wow: ASI Unleashes 2012′s Top Pet Gifts
Dog hoodie, collapsible water bowl and dog biscuit mix hit annual list
TREVOSE, Pa., March 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Tails are wagging as the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) today released its annual list of the hottest gifts for man’s best friend.
“With 62% of U.S. households now caring for a pet, catering to the growing pet market is a smart choice for pet stores, vets, kennels, pet insurance companies, dog groomers and municipal dog parks looking to advertise or reward clients,” said Timothy M. Andrews, ASI president and CEO. “It’s clear this market reaches far beyond pooper scoopers and water bowls.”
Premium treats, natural food and fashion-forward accessories helped push U.S. pet industry sales to $58 billion in 2011, with sales expected to reach $74 billion in 2015, according to research firm Packaged Facts. Sales of logoed promotional products hit $18.5 billion in 2011.
2012 Top Pet Gifts:
- Dog hoodie, from American Apparel. Zip-up fleece includes a pouch pocket for treats and a notch to attach leash to collar. Great advertising for dog walkers.
- Zippered water bowl, collapsible water bowl and waste bags, from Handy Products Line. Portable bowls include a clip for hanging from a leash, backpack or belt loop and funky trash bag container keeps bags handy.
- Dog biscuit mix, from Ingredients Corp. of America. Owners can bake cookies – and their own dog biscuits. Rewarding gift from groomers and pet stores.
- Leash, collar and ball toy, from Promopet. Kennel clubs and boarding kennels can advertise via heavy-duty leash, collar and logoed tennis ball.
- Wrapped biscuits, from A La Carte. USA-made individually wrapped treat includes all-natural ingredients, perfect as booth giveaway during pet-related trade show.
- Pet first-aid kit, from Ready 4 Kits. Includes essentials like tweezers for plucking ticks and thorns, antiseptic wipes, rubber gloves. Great thanks from vets and pet insurance companies.
- Paw balm and training treats, from Solar Advertising. Balm soothes and heals, making it a handy client gift or for municipal dog parks. Treats come in recycled, biodegradable tube.
The Advertising Specialty Institute (asicentral.com) is the largest media, marketing and education organization serving the promotional products industry.
SOURCE Advertising Specialty Institute