CounselingCalifornia.com Goes Mobile
SAN DIEGO, March 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Accessing information about mental wellness is now more convenient for Californians. The California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) recently launched the mobile version of CounselingCalifornia.com – California’s lifeline to more than 8,000 licensed mental health professionals.
Mobile device users will be automatically directed to the Counseling California mobile website when visiting www.CounselingCalifornia.com from their mobile device. The mobile website provides relevant and easy to read information for Californians looking to access information about mental wellness while on-the-go.
Featured content includes:
Mental Wellness Screeners – Short question and answer screeners covering a variety of topics, including:
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Alcohol and Drug Use
- Body Image
- Child Behavior
- Fears and Phobias
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Social Anxiety
- Mental Health Resources - Including topical brochures, information about different mental health professionals and a guide for choosing a licensed mental health professional who is right for you.
- Search for a Therapist – Californians can search CounselingCalifornia.com for therapists based on a wide range of criteria, including specialties/area of emphasis, location, language, insurance providers, gender and ethnicity.
The mobile website is the latest digital tool that CAMFT is using to inform Californians about mental wellness. Others include:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/CAMFT
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/counselingca
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/counselingca
If you or someone you care for is in need of mental wellness support, help is available. Learn more or find a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in your area at CounselingCalifornia.com.
The California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) is a professional organization dedicated to the advancement of the state’s licensed and prelicensed Marriage and Family Therapists and the common interests of its 30,000 members. CAMFT provides CounselingCalifornia.com as a free resource for individuals looking for Marriage and Family Therapists located in California. Marriage and Family Therapists treat a comprehensive range of issues including depression, anxiety, phobias/fears, elder and child issues, relationship issues, post-traumatic stress, and severe mental illness. For more information, visit www.camft.org or www.counselingcalifornia.com.
Media Contact: Emily Schmidt, Porter Novelli 949-583-2619 or 949-599-5072 (mobile) Emily.Schmidt@porternovelli.com
SOURCE California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists; CounselingCalifornia.com