Molly Maid Helps Take Your Home from ‘Winter Drab’ to ‘Spring Fab’
ANN ARBOR, Mich., March 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Today marks the official first day of Spring, meaning that homeowners across the country will start thinking about dusting, vacuuming and all the other tasks that come with cleaning for the season. In addition to the routine chores, Molly Maid, the nation’s leading residential cleaning company behind 1.6 million cleans last year, shares a few extra tips to ensure homeowners know all the secrets when it comes to cleaning.
- For a soiled bathtub, make a paste of Comet with water and rub vigorously to get the job done.
- For mirrors or windows, try a combination of 1 gallon of water to 1/2 cup of vinegar, 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol and 2 squirts of dish soap. Pour into a spray bottle and it cleans windows like magic.
- For toilet stains, try a Polident dissolving tablet dropped into the bowl. Upon flushing, rust stains will disappear.
- To remove stinky odors from a car, place a few briquettes of charcoal underneath the seats. The charcoals absorb the stench and keep your car smelling fresh–just make sure to use charcoal without starting fluid on it.
- To clean your coffee maker, take some powdered dishwasher detergent, shake it into the bottom of a cool coffee pot and fill with hot water. Let it sit for an hour and it should be good as new – no scrubbing, no boiling, no replacement needed.
- If you have a handful of ugly carpet impressions from old furniture, they are easy to erase. Grab one or two ice cubs per impression and simply set the cubes in each one. As they melt, the carpet fibers will loosen and stand. Let it dry overnight, vacuum and they’re gone.
About Molly Maid
Molly Maid, based in Ann Arbor, MI, is one of four service companies under Service Brands International. The residential cleaning franchise cleaned more than 1.6 million homes last year alone. Molly Maid was founded in 1979 and began franchising in1984. Currently, more than 450 Molly Maid units operate in the United States alone, with an additional 300 operating throughout Puerto Rico, Canada, Japan, England and Portugal. For more house cleaning tips, Like us on Facebook or visit our blog.
Media Contact: John Arango, Fishman Public Relations, (847) 945-1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Molly Maid