UBM Electronics’ EE Times Confidential Unveils an Exclusive Special Report Focused on Microelectromechanical System (MEMS) Components
SAN FRANCISCO, March 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry‘s decision makers, today unveiled a special report and database focused on Microelectromechanical System (MEMS) components. The “MEMS Sector Database and Report” compiled by EE Times Confidential analyzes the current MEMS market and its future directions. In addition, it includes a companion database of more than 200 MEMS market players. EE Times Confidential is a premium online intelligence service that provides analysis of news and trends for business executives, investors, strategic marketers and financial analysts in the global electronics industry.
George Leopold, Editor-In-Chief of EE Times Confidential, said, “Microelectromechanical system components offer a potentially transformational solution to the problems faced by engineers and managers. The market is expanding as MEMS components become more plentiful. The data in this report will help decision makers evaluate the MEMS market and identify opportunities for innovation and growth.”
“MEMS-based applications that enable a higher quality of life are the most exciting new frontier for MEMS,” said Karen Lightman, managing director for the MEMS Industry Group (Pittsburgh). “MEMS is monitoring systems for medical diagnostics and rehabilitation via smart MEMS sensors, implants for drug delivery based on smart MEMS actuators, [systems using] MEMS inertial measurement units to enable increased mobility, artificial organs using MEMS microfluidics manufacturing techniques, and concussion enabling lifesaving, life-changing technologies that allow people to lead independent lives through remote detection and prevention with MEMS sensors in helmets. The list of Quality of Life and biomedical applications is endless.”
Stories in the special report include:
- Executive Summary: MEMS technology offers potentially transformational industry solutions
- MEMS at the Gate: The tech options, manufacturing ecosystem and markets multiply by the day for these tiny gatekeepers of the interface between electronics and the real world
- Foundry Business Rides Fabless Wave: IDMs still dominate, but opportunities are rising for foundry specialists and generalists alike
- Sensor Fusion Makes Sense of Divergent Data: Data streams from multiple sensors are being merged, correlated and processed to yield an information flow greater than the sum of its parts
- Five Top MEMS Innovations: These disruptive developments could become ubiquitous in their respective markets
- MEMS Tackling Sports: Solutions for a range of activities and gear run circles around the old-school pedometer
- Technology Backgrounder: The MEMS technology landscape in fact a collection of distinct subdomains
- MEMS Market Database: A listing of 200+ companies currently active in the MEMS sector: IDMs; fabless companies; MEMS foundries; and support companies offering design software, materials or manufacturing equipment. Each entry describes the company’s activities, identifies senior executives and provides complete contact details.
Click here to purchase the “MEMS Sector Database and Report.”
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for the electronics industry. UBM Electronics delivers results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities and professional education services. More than 1.7 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, Design News, Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, EBN, Datasheets.com, Designlines and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DesignCon and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world’s buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,634 staff in more than 31 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM news.
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, VP of Marketing
T: 516.562.5652, E: Felicia.email@example.com
SOURCE UBM Electronics