2012 W&M TribeFest for the Cure Spring Music Festival Set for Saturday, March 31 at W&M’s Miller Hall
Live Music, Food and Fun to Raise Awareness and Funds for the Local Fight Against Breast Cancer
WILLIAMSBURG, Va., March 22, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — The Mason School of Business MBA Association and Tidewater affiliate of the Susan G. Komen for the cure are teaming up to host the W&M TribeFest for the Cure on Saturday, March 31. TribeFest for the Cure is a family-friendly, day-long music festival designed to bring the local community together to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer education and research.
The event will take place at Alan B. Miller Hall on the campus of William & Mary from 2 to 11 p.m. and feature two stages of live music, food from Paul’s Deli and Smithfield Foods, Williamsburg AleWorks’ craft beers, a kid’s activity zone and a breast cancer informational exhibit presented by the Tidewater affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Tickets are $10 per adult (13 and older), $20 per family (two adults and all children), and $5 for William & Mary staff, faculty and students. Tickets can be purchased online by visiting www.tribefestforthecure.com or at the event.
In Layman Terms will kick off the main stage in the Fields Courtyard at Miller Hall at 2:15 p.m. followed by W&M Intonations and The Kari Velandria Trio. Local breast cancer survivors will share remarks on the stage at 5:45 p.m. followed by The Lef Dovers and headliners Rich Whiskey Audition at 7:30 p.m. The Brinkley Commons stage will commence at 2 p.m. with MaryKate Heron Galke followed by Stephen Christoff and special guest Robin Jester, The Delvers, Jocelyn Oldham and the Ron Fetner Band. For a complete schedule and additional information of the performers, please visit the event’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WMTribeFest.
The TribeFest Grille will feature a menu of delicious items from Paul’s Deli, including pulled pork sandwiches featuring Smithfield Foods meat. Additional sandwiches from Paul’s, including vegetarian options, will be available and all food items and non-alcoholic beverages are covered by the cost of admission.
Williamsburg AleWorks is the official sponsor of the TribeFest Beer Garden, and the local brewery will provide a selection of its offerings at an additional cost to guests 21 and older. Additionally, a representative from AleWorks will be on hand to educate guests on the brewing process and different styles of beer the local brewery crafts.
The Lil’ Tribe Kids Zone will feature an assortment of fun activities for children including outdoor games, professional face painting, balloon art, a caricature artist, a moon bounce and more.
Also planned are hourly wine raffles, a silent auction with donated items from local individuals and businesses, and an exhibition area for event sponsors.
The Susan G. Komen local affiliate will receive 75% of the proceeds from TribeFest for the Cure. Funds are set aside to provide breast health educational materials and funding to non-profit programs that save lives and support women’s health. The remaining 25% of the net proceeds will go to the Komen Award and Research Grant Program. No local money goes toward national administrative or operating expenses.
For additional information on TribeFest for the Cure, or to purchase tickets, please visit: www.tribefestforthecure.com.
Contact: Tim Yewcic, Mason School of Business MBA 2012, 252-599-0099, email@example.com
SOURCE The Mason School of Business at The College of William and Mary