Tim Tebow, Soledad O’Brien Among Speakers at Chick-fil-A Leadercast Event, May 4 at The University of Texas at Austin
AUSTIN, Texas, April 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Community business leaders can access the knowledge and experience of ten internationally acclaimed leaders by attending the 2012 Chick-fil-A Leadercast: “The Choices You Make Define the Leader You Become” at The University of Texas at Austin on May 4, 2012. NFL quarterback Tim Tebow, CNN anchor Soledad O’Brien and best-selling author John Maxwell are among the featured speakers during this one-day leadership training event being broadcast live via satellite from Atlanta, Georgia, to hundreds of cities across the world.
The Leadercast broadcast is hosted by the Division of Continuing and Innovative Education (CIE) on the university’s J.J. Pickle Research Campus. This year marks the second consecutive year that CIE has hosted the broadcast in Austin. This year’s program focuses on the power of choice. Specifically, how each choice a leader makes defines their leadership style and contributes to making a positive impact on workers, organizations, communities and beyond. Registration is open at http://www.utexas.edu/cie/events/leadercast.
The line-up of speakers for this event is:
- Soledad O’Brien, Anchor and special correspondent for CNN
- Tim Tebow, NFL quarterback, Heisman Trophy winner and best-selling author
- Patrick Lencioni, Best-selling author and president of The Table Group
- John Maxwell, Leadership expert & author of “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”
- Marcus Buckingham, Strengths strategist, author and researcher
- Angela Ahrendts, CEO, Burberry
- Roland Fryer, Professor at Harvard University and CEO of the Education Innovation Laboratory
- Urban Meyer, ESPN analyst and former head football coach for the University of Florida
- Andy Stanley, Best-selling leadership author
- Sheena Iyengar, Author of “The Art of Choosing” and world-renowned expert of choice
“The Division of Continuing and Innovative Education is very proud to offer this event to the Austin community,” said Stacy McCracken, CIE’s Deputy Director for External Relations. “The line-up of speakers is exceptional. Participants can expect to hear practical advice and inspiring examples of how to improve their leadership skills so that they, in turn, can make a difference in the lives of those they influence, including employees and clients.”
For more information or to register, call (512) 471-2777 or visit http://www.utexas.edu/cie/events/leadercast. Registration includes lunch, refreshments, prizes, activities and networking opportunities with other registrants.
2012 Chick-fil-A Leadercast: “The Choices You Make Define the Leader You Become”
May 4, 2012 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
J.J. Pickle Research Campus
3925 West Braker Lane
Austin, TX 78759
About Continuing and Innovative Education
The Division of Continuing and Innovative Education (CIE) at The University of Texas at Austin has a 100-year history of extending the resources of the university to anyone with a desire to learn. CIE is comprised of the K-16 Education Center, Petroleum Extension Service, Professional Development Center, Thompson Conference Center, University of Texas-University Charter School and University Extension. http://www.utexas.edu/ce
Wayne Wenske, Continuing and Innovative Education, The University of Texas at Austin, email@example.com, (512) 232-7392
SOURCE Continuing and Innovative Education