Ballpark Nachos Get an “Extreme Makeover” for 2012 Baseball Season
PHILADELPHIA, April 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — The ballpark frank may be king of the diamond, but the unassuming nacho isn’t far behind it in popularity. In fact, ARAMARK, the award-winning food and hospitality partner at 11 Major League Baseball stadiums, expects to serve more than one million orders of nachos to hungry baseball fans during the 2012 season.
This year, the nacho enters Opening Day with a new look and greater fan appeal thanks to an “extreme nacho makeover,” courtesy of ARAMARK. ARAMARK chefs spent the off season exploring new ingredient combinations and testing various recipes to come up with a roster of gourmet nachos that is sure to be a home run with fans.
The new-look nacho offers fans fire, ice, and everything in between. Whether it’s Fenway Park’s Kickin’ Chicken Nacho, a take on the spicy Buffalo wing, Angel Stadium’s ice-cold Arctic Nacho, topped with vanilla bean ice cream, or Citi Field’s Pastracho, the New York deli staple, pastrami, piled high atop fresh fried corn tortilla chips, ARAMARK’s chefs have overhauled the nacho to offer fans something different this season.
“Fans tell us it is important to stay true to the roots of baseball classics, but continue to offer a wide array of signature and distinctive menu options at each of our ballparks,” said Marc Bruno, President, ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment. “Our fans know best, which is why we spend every off season coming up with something new and unique to exceed their expectations.”
As baseball’s premier food and beverage provider, ARAMARK uses consumer insight and takes inspiration from local flavors when creating new menu items each season. Additionally, through its long-time partnership with the Culinary Institute of America, ARAMARK’s chefs are constantly learning and practicing their craft, to remain at the forefront of innovation.
“The tortilla chip is so versatile and provides a canvas for marrying unexpected ingredients and hometown flavors,” said Chris Culver, Vice President of Food and Beverage, ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment. “Our chefs had the opportunity to be really creative when making their ballpark’s signature nacho and we’re confident that our new roster of nachos will excite our guests and make their game day experience even more enjoyable.”
Here’s a look at ARAMARK’s signature nacho roster, by ballpark:
Created by Executive Chef Rick Wineman
- Chicken Barbacoa Nachos: Chips topped with charro chili beans, chicken barbacoa, queso, pickled jalapeno, black bean relish with habanero, avocado sour cream and mild salsa
- Beef Barbacoa Nachos: Chips topped with charro chili beans, beef barbacoa, queso, pickled jalapeno, black bean relish with habanero, avocado sour cream and mild salsa
- Arctic Nachos: Crispy flour tortilla sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and topped with vanilla bean ice cream, Hershey’s syrup and caramel sauce
Created by Executive Chef Robert Flowers
- Pastracho: Fresh fried corn tortilla chips topped with chopped NY pastrami, Swiss cheese sauce, sauerkraut, thousand island dressing and sliced scallions
Citizens Bank Park
Created by Senior Executive Chef Glenn Richmond
- Ancho Pepper Braised Pork Nacho: Chips topped with ancho pepper braised pork, nacho cheese, fresh cut tomato salsa, fresh jalapenos and sour cream
- Barbecue Chicken Nachos: Chips topped with slow roasted chicken braised in barbecue sauce with nacho cheese, black beans, fresh cut tomato salsa and sour cream
Created by Executive Chef Craig Luckmann
- Colorado Queso: Fresh corn chips with spicy chorizo sausage covered with Monterrey jack and green chili cheese sauce topped with pico di gallo and sour cream
- S’more Nacho: Fresh tortilla chips fried then coated in graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon. Topped with warm marshmallow fluff, drizzled in chocolate sauce and finished with M&M minis and mini marshmallows
Created by Senior Executive Chef Ron Abell
- Kickin’ Chicken Nacho: Shredded chicken tossed in buffalo sauce over warmed corn chips with blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles, served with a carrot and celery stick
Created by Executive Chef Erin Wishon
- Cheesy Corn Brisket-acho: Chips topped with smoked brisket, baked beans, cheesy corn and coleslaw drizzled with barbecue sauce
Minute Maid Park
Created by Executive Chef Jason Kohler
- Barbecue Brisket Nacho: Tortilla chips topped with smoked, cubed brisket, nacho cheese and corn salsa
Created by Executive Chef Rodney Nestegard
- Cholula Kalua Nacho: Yellow corn tortilla chips topped with seasoned cheese sauce, fresh tomato salsa, avocado cream and Cholula infused Kalua shredded pork
Created by Executive Chef Rich Montini
- Bucco Nacho: Lime tortilla chips topped with ground beef, smoked jalapeno peach salsa, cilantro creme fraiche and nacho cheese
Created by Executive Chef Dilup Attygalla
- Big Smoke Jerk Chicken Nacho: Tri-colored tortilla chips topped with cheddar cheese sauce, smoked jerk chicken, pico de gallo, scallions, country slaw and jerk-infused sour cream
Created by Senior Executive Chef Mike Pappas
- Chili Cheese Pico Nachos: Santita chips, house made chili, shredded cheddar and Jack cheese, pico, jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro and green onion
- Sweet and Sour BBQ Carnita Nachos: Santita chips, house smoked pork, Sweet and Sour barbecue sauce, barbecue beans, shredded cheddar, green onion, bread and butter pickles
Visit www.ballparkfoods.com for a look at the food and beverage programs available at each of ARAMARK’s ballparks this season.
About ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment
ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment creates remarkable experiences for guests at over 150 premier sports facilities, convention centers and entertainment venues throughout North America. With industry-leading insight, ARAMARK designs innovative hospitality, dining and catering, retail merchandise, and facility service programs that deliver valuable business results. Learn more at www.aramarkentertainment.com.
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” by FORTUNE magazine and one of America’s Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.twitter.com/aramarknews.
(Editor’s Note: Photos of signature nachos available upon request)