SEEBURGER Enables Secure Enterprise Mobile File Sharing with New SEE FX Mobile
ATLANTA, April 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/– Global business integration software provider SEEBURGER today released a mobile app for SEEBURGER File Exchange (SEE FX), its award-winning enterprise solution for secure, auditable and compliant file sharing between business users. With enterprise-grade protections and management controls not available from free consumer file sharing applications, SEEBURGER File Exchange (SEE FX) Mobile enables users to securely download and upload business files of any size to and from their iPhones or iPads with automatic encryption, policy enforcement, complete file tracking, centralized control over file transfers, and automatic file synchronization across all computing devices.
In addition, as components of the SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS), SEE FX and SEE FX Mobile can be deployed as part of a comprehensive communications gateway that consolidates management and audit trails for all human-to-human, human-to-system, system-to-system file transfers as well as EDI/B2B supply chain messages. This industry-first ability to merge all B2B processes into a single view is a major benefit that facilitates auditing, reduces IT overhead and provides single-vendor accountability.
Download, Upload & Sync
SEE FX Mobile addresses the need for mobile users to easily exchange document drafts, sales presentations, business videos, business contracts, engineering drawings and a wide variety of other files from their smartphones or tablets without compromising security or adherence to corporate and regulatory mandates. The application is fully integrated with SEEBURGER’s SEE FX solution for management of ad hoc file transfers, enabling file sharing activities from both inside and outside the corporate firewall to be aggregated into a single log file for easy visibility, traceability and auditability.
Advantages for mobile users include the ability to:
- Easily and securely share files or folders of any size from the mobile device
- Access files residing on the SEE FX server from the road without carrying a laptop
- Edit files on the mobile device using system editors for real-time collaboration
- Limit file sharing to specific recipients, length of time and number of transfers permitted
- Subscribe to files to automatically receive the latest versions as soon as they are available
- Automatically synchronize files across laptops, desktops and mobile devices
Advantages for enterprises and IT teams include the ability to:
- Plug the security loopholes associated with free consumer file sharing applications
- Enforce corporate and regulatory information security policies even for mobile users
- Maintain a complete, integrated audit trail of both mobile and non-mobile file exchanges for governance and compliance (SOX, HIPPA, GLBA, etc.)
- Deliver mobile file sharing with a free, easy-to-use downloadable app – no configuration needed
- Optionally leverage other components of the SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite to control both managed file transfer and supply chain communications with a single integrated platform that simplifies the IT infrastructure and lowers the total cost of ownership
” ‘Free’ file sharing options such as FTP servers, Dropbox and YouSendIt actually expose enterprises to substantial IT administration costs as well as security, governance and compliance risks. The bring-your-own-device movement has worsened the problem exponentially. There are no corporate controls over file exchanges on smartphones or tablets at all,” said Rohit Khanna, EVP, Global Strategy and Corporate Development, at SEEBURGER. “SEE FX and SEE FX Mobile make it possible to securely and efficiently manage all of these processes with a single integrated solution that ensures complete visibility for governance and regulatory purposes.”
SEE FX can be deployed as a public cloud, private cloud or an on-premises solution with per-user licensing. Enterprises can sign up for a free 30-day trial of SEE FX and SEE FX Mobile for up to 10 users at http://www2.seeburger.com/l/2772/2012-03-16/bd7jx# More information about both solutions is available at http://www.seeburger.com/managed-file-transfer/file-exchange-see-fx.html
SEEBURGER is a global provider of business integration and secure managed file transfer (MFT) solutions that streamline business processes, reduce operational costs, facilitate governance and compliance, and provide visibility to the farthest edges of the supply chain to maximize ERP effectiveness and drive new efficiencies. All solutions are delivered on a unified, 100% SEEBURGER-engineered platform that lowers the total cost of ownership and reduces implementation time. With more than 25 years in the industry, SEEBURGER today is ranked among the top business integration providers by industry analysts, serves thousands of customers in more than 50 countries and 15 industries, and has offices in Europe, Asia Pacific and North America. For more information, visit www.seeburger.com.