Seattle Mariners, Centerplate, Chef Ethan Stowell Bring Exciting New Food Concepts to Safeco Field
SEATTLE, April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — The Seattle Mariners hospitality partner, Centerplate, the largest hospitality partner to North America’s premier sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment venues, is once again collaborating with noted Seattle Chef Ethan Stowell to bring exciting, fresh and local food concepts to Safeco Field.
New to the ballpark for 2012, Chef Stowell has created several new selections that include grass-fed BBQ brisket and pulled pork sandwiches, Italian sausage and bratwurst, an updated “anti-fast-food” burger and an Oyster Po’ Boy, all using locally sourced ingredients.
Ethan Stowell concepts:
Holy Smoke BBQ (located at Sections 105, 119, 313)
- BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwich – In-house smoked Painted Hills beef brisket, apple jalapeno coleslaw, whiskey cola BBQ sauce on a Mario’s sweet potato bun.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich – In-house smoked Carlton Farms pork butt, apple jalapeno coleslaw, whiskey cola BBQ sauce on a Mario’s sweet potato bun.
Double Play Sausage + Chicken (located at Sections 136, 340)
- Italian Sausage – Carlton Farms Italian sausage from Uli’s Sausage, grilled onions, banana peppers, on a Pioneer bun.
- Cheddar Bratwurst – Carlton Farms cheddar bratwurst, Sagelands Washington Riesling sauerkraut, on a Pioneer bun.
Big League Burger (located at Section 106)
- Northwest Grass-Fed Beef Company Burger, shredded iceberg lettuce, sliced tomato, burger sauce, on a potato bun.
- Northwest Grass-Fed Beef Company Cheeseburger, American cheese, shredded iceberg lettuce, sliced tomato, burger sauce, on a potato bun.
Hamburg+Frites (located in The ‘Pen)
- Oyster Po’ Boy – Fried Taylor Farms oysters, butter lettuce, sliced tomato, spicy remoulade, on a Pioneer bun.
“I’m very excited about the upcoming season, not only for the team, but for the food we’ve created for the fans,” says Chef Stowell. “These new food items are a continuation of what we began last year in The ‘Pen and eventually want throughout the ballpark–more local product and fresh ingredients. It’s a growing trend for the entire country and it’s awesome that the Mariners are excited about it.”
“It’s serious fun to push the fresh and local food envelope at Safeco Field. Seattle is a great food city and as we saw in The ‘Pen last year, the fans understand and appreciate honest food. We’re looking forward to seeing them enjoy this year’s new foods in more places than ever,” said John Sergi, Centerplate Chief Design Officer.
Lookout Landing Bar
Centerplate has created a new lounge that will be located down the left field line on the 300 Level called the Lookout Landing Bar. Located on the plaza behind Sections 347-349, it will be a full-service cocktail bar with hot snacks such as waffle fries with beer cheddar sauce and mini corn dogs.
In addition to the new concepts created by Chef Stowell, other Centerplate-created food and beverage improvements at Safeco Field include:
- Sushi Bar at Hit It Here Cafe developed with Seattle Chef Hiroshi Egashira, owner of Hiroshi’s Restaurant & Catering.
- High Cheese Pizza – Updated pizza-by-the-slice offered at seven locations featuring Rich’s pizza crust, Alta Cucina plum tomatoes, Grande Mozzarella, pecorino romano cheese and option of Hormel pepperoni.
- Uncle Charlie’s Cheesesteaks featuring shaved rib eye, Kraft ribbon cut cheese, onions, Pleasant Valley peppers, on a traditional Amoroso’s Baking Company roll.
- Soft serve ice cream added to several locations.
In addition, the Mariners announced that Coors Light is the new official beer of the Seattle Mariners and the presenting sponsor of the Coors Light Rail Bar in The ‘Pen. The ‘Pen, which debuted last season, remains an event-within-an-event at Safeco Field. In addition to the fun, casual atmosphere, The ‘Pen features delicious food concepts by All-Star Chefs Ethan Stowell, Bill Pustari and Roberto Santibanez that include authentic Parisian crepes, New Haven-style pizza and a variety of Mexican tortas.
There is a concerted effort to source food products locally, where possible. Among the local suppliers are:
- Carlton Farms Pork
- Painted Hills Beef
- Northwest Grass Fed Beef Company
- Tillamook Cheese
- Mario’s Bakery
- Franz Bakery
- Uli’s Sausage
- Sagelands Riesling
- Taylor Farms Oysters
Centerplate crafts and delivers “Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results.” in over 250 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America – annually serving over 100 million guests. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 15 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 20 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. The company was recently named the fastest growing hospitality group in the country by Nation’s Restaurant News. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com