International CTIA Wireless® 2012 Brings “All Things Mobile” To New Orleans
Global Wireless Market to “Educate. Motivate. Inspire.” for Three Days
WASHINGTON, May 1, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Next week, the city of New Orleans will serve as the center of the mobile universe as the industry’s leaders and innovators from around the world gather to experience the latest advancements in wireless, enterprise, retail, devices, apps and social networking. International CTIA WIRELESS®( )2012 takes place May 8-10, 2012 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
With an expanded show floor to accommodate more than 1,000 companies, including 366 first-time exhibitors, International CTIA WIRELESS 2012 will offer one of the largest platforms for innovation and technology in the world. With in-depth education and access to partners and customers in the key areas that are impacting the mobile industry now, International CTIA WIRELESS offers attendees an unprecedented learning and networking experience.
For the first time ever, International CTIA WIRELESS 2012 has added afternoon keynotes to the show program to accommodate the growing number of world-class speakers. This year’s show features a dynamic lineup of keynote sessions and roundtable discussions that reflects the diversity of today’s wireless world. The 2012 keynote sessions will be located in the convention center’s La Nouvelle Ballroom (Level 2) and streamed live at www.ctiashows.com/keynoteslive.
Tuesday, May 8: 9:30-11:00AM CDT
- Patrick Riordan, President & CEO, Cellcom and 2012 CTIA Chairman of the Board
- Julius Genachowski, Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
- Gary Flood, President, Global Products and Solutions, MasterCard Worldwide
- Joe Kennedy, CEO & President, Pandora
Tuesday, May 8: 4:30-6:00PM CDT- Carrier Roundtable “Beyond LTE – Carrier Innovations”
- Dan Mead, President & CEO, Verizon Wireless
- Dan Hesse, CEO, Sprint Nextel Corporation
- Philipp Humm, CEO & President, T-Mobile USA
- Ralph de la Vega, President & CEO, AT&T Mobility
- Jim Cramer, “Mad Money” Host, CNBC (Roundtable Moderator)
Wednesday, May 9: 9:30-11:00AM CDT
- Gary Kovacs, CEO, Mozilla Corporation
- John Riccitiello, CEO, Electronic Arts
- John Partridge, President, Visa, Inc.
- Daniel Ek, CEO & Co-Founder, Spotify
Thursday, May 10: 2:00-3:00PM CDT
- President Bill Clinton, Founder of the William J. Clinton Foundation and 42nd President of the United States
In addition to the biggest names in mobile and exciting features from past shows, including the CTIA Executive Forum and CTIA Unplugged, International CTIA WIRELESS 2012 will debut new offerings, such as:
- Solutions Showcase – interactive exhibits from industry leaders including AT&T, Verizon, Accenture and Dell, that will make wireless advancements come to life. Attendees will experience current offerings and the future innovations in wireless enterprise technology (e.g. automotive, energy and health);
- CTIA World - interactive displays, programming and information on grassroots movements. This new showcase will celebrate the evolution of the wireless industry and feature exciting exhibits including a BUZZ Zone Stage for live CEO and executive interviews and Emerging Technology Showcase with nearly 100 of the newest innovations.
- Corporate Philanthropy Pavilion - the inaugural corporate social responsibility pavilion highlighting the different ways wireless technology makes our communities a better place to live.
For additional details and a comprehensive look at the CTIA conference program, visit: http://www.ctiawireless.com/. Members of the media may pre-register for access to all show events at: www.ctiashows.com/pressreg.
About CTIA Shows
CTIA Shows bring together all industries advanced by wireless technology for intense business, learning and networking. International CTIA WIRELESS® takes place May 8-10, 2012 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, La. CTIA ENTERPRISE & APPLICATIONS(TM) takes place Oct. 9-11, 2012 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, Calif. Visit www.ctiashows.com.
CTIA-The Wireless Association® (www.ctia.org) is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry’s voluntary best practices and initiatives, and sponsors the industry’s leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C.
SOURCE International CTIA WIRELESS(R) 2012