Pen Pal Kids Club Offers Children A Passport To Fun This Summer
CARMEL, Calif., May 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — We invite children everywhere to join Pen Pal Kids Club (www.PenPalKidsClub.com) and go on exciting global adventures this summer – all from the safety of their own home computers! Pen Pal Kids Club (PPKC) is “the safe social network for kids around the world.(TM)” Kids aged four to 14 can Explore, Play and Share with global pen pals in a completely secure environment.
Guaranteed free of advertisements, PPKC is available for $2.99 U.S. on a monthly basis (first month free) or $29.99 for a year’s subscription (two months free). Key features include:
- Members write and receive digital postcards from children around the world, learning about their new friends’ cultures and daily lives. To ensure security, kids communicate via an avatar, while adults can approve their children’s Pen Pals and monitor communications.
- Postcards automatically translate into seven different languages – English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, French, Italian and German – so children across the globe can participate.
- Six interactive games are based on culture, world history and geography…’edu-tainment’… learning and fun. Designed for a range of ages and skills, they include:
- Trivial Travails! Compete IN REAL TIME against three other players, answering fast-paced questions about history, geography, and related subjects.
- Fare Fair! Help customers choose a meal that is native to their country while learning to recognize foreign words, foods and currencies.
- Through an exclusive partnership with Encyclopaedia Britannica for Kids, subscribers enjoy direct online access to this vast library of information, filtered to be appropriate for children.
- The secure online environment offers built-in parental controls, is fully compliant with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), and earned the TRUSTe seal of safety.
The website, co-founded by John and Shelley Aliotti, was based on an original concept by Shelley Aliotti, author/illustrator of My Pen Pal Scrapbook: An Educational Journey Through World Cultures ©1995.
“Our goal is to instill a love of learning about different people and places,” said Ms. Aliotti. “With PPKC children can reach across geographic, time and language barriers to communicate safely with each other – expanding their knowledge and understanding of world cultures in ways never before possible.”
FREE CLASSROOM SUBSCRIPTIONS are also available to qualified educators. Details on website: www.penpalkidsclub.com
SOURCE Pen Pal Kids Club