Psychiatric Times covers American Psychiatric Association Convention
News this week from the psychiatrists who convened in Philadelphia for the APA conference:
- Trichotillomania (hair loss from pulling out one’s own hair) affects 3.5% of the population…. experts say the disorder is under-diagnosed and inappropriately treated.
- Roughly 7 million people used prescription drugs nonmedically in 2009 and 2010–second only to rates of marijuana use. The majority engaged in nonmedical use of pain relievers, including opiates.
- The use of online social networking sites, such as Facebook, by adolescents who are receiving treatment for substance use disorders may negatively affect their care.
The editorial staff of Psychiatric Times–the country’s leading psychiatric publication–provided live coverage of the APA proceedings. Reports are available at www.PsychiatricTimes.com. Highlights include:
- Psychiatrist Burnout: Tips on Promoting Resilience and Wellness
- Longhorns Rising: Residency Programs Compete on Psychiatric Knowledge
- Anxiety Disorders and ADHD: Comorbidity the Rule Rather Than the Exception
About UBM Medica US
Addressing today’s healthcare information needs, UBM Medica, a division of UBM plc (UBM.L), delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach–online, in print, live, and via custom programs. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers, payers, and patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, websites, drug databases, data services, live events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. US websites include PsychiatricTimes.com, CancerNetwork.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, ConsultantLive.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com and SearchMedica.com. Employing more than 1,400 people with offices in 29 countries, UBM Medica is headquartered in London. For more information, visit http://www.ubmmedica.com/ and http://mediakit.ubmmedica.com
Jason J. Golden
Content Marketing Manager
SOURCE UBM Medica US