Stop The Madness, Unveil The Truth And Ask Yourself: Is The United Nations Living Up To Its Founding Principals?
NEW YORK, May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — A global oxyMORON event will occur on May 29, 2012 that the public needs to be aware of — on this day, the United Nations will “celebrate” the International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers. The U.N.’s self-anointed goal that pays tribute to all the men and women who have served and continue to serve in UN peacekeeping operations for their high level of professionalism, dedication and courage, and to honor the memory of the UN peacekeepers who have lost their lives in the cause of peace. A noble premise based on the founding doctrines of the United Nations for a safer world.
But as reports of genocide, human rights violations and international conflicts make daily headlines, the question arises: Is the United Nations living up to its founding ideals?
The answer is a resounding NO!
On June 1, 2012, U.N. ME will be released in theaters nationwide and on video on demand (VOD) exposing the United Nations dark side that traditional media would never touch. U.N. ME filmmaker Ami Horowitz pulls the curtain back on one of the largest organizations in the world and exposes what actually goes on inside this institution day in, day out. A timeless message about bloated bureaucracy told just in time for the 2012 elections, U.N. ME is a lightning rod, David vs. Goliath expose so shocking, it will make you laugh at the absurdity!
In a film that exposes the incompetence and corruption at the heart of the United Nations, filmmakers Ami Horowitz and Matthew Groff show how an organization created to ennoble mankind now actually enables evil and sows global chaos. U.N. Me takes us on a harrowing and humorous tour of the U.N.’s scandalous disregard for the people and principles it was founded to defend. Along the way we learn:
- How the United States $8 billion annual contribution is spent.
- How the largest U.N. humanitarian effort ever conceived, the Oil for Food Program, devolved into one of the biggest scams in the history of the world, and how the U.N. never disciplined or fired ANYONE.
- How the organization dedicated to peace cannot agree on a definition of “terrorism” – more than 10 years after 9/11.
- How U.N. peacekeeping forces stationed in Cote d’Ivoire were never disciplined or investigated after recklessly firing on and killing dozens of unarmed protesters.
- How the U.N.’s Human Rights Council prolonged the genocide in Darfur by attempting to discredit the urgent recommendations of its very own investigative team.
Balancing these stories against exclusive interviews, sometimes frightening situations and at other times all out farce, U.N. Me delivers an unforgettable account of how the world’s foremost humanitarian organization has become the clubhouse of dictators, thugs, and tyrants.
SOURCE Disruptive Pictures