Rising Country Star Colby Dee Set To Perform At Susan G. Komen Global Race For The Cure On June 2nd In Washington, D.C.
NASHVILLE, Tenn., May 22, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Country music’s newest sweetheart, Colby Dee, has been tapped as the exclusive artist to perform her inspirational single, “I Will Fight On,” at the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure flagship event on Saturday, June 2, in Washington, D.C. Colby Dee will appear on the Race’s Main Stage on the National Mall.
Written specifically for her close friend, Joni Moore Kanazawa, who is currently battling breast cancer, “I Will Fight On” is extremely personal for Colby Dee. The song has been described by fans as a ‘cancer fighter’s battle cry’ and provides a message of strength and empowerment over the disease. Click here to listen and click here to purchase. Proceeds from iTunes sales go directly to help Joni offset medical costs.
“I am incredibly honored to be part of this year’s Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure,” said Colby Dee. “Not only is it exciting to perform in Washington, DC, but this fantastic event is a rewarding opportunity for everyone involved to give back and have fun.”
The annual race draws thousands of people to the National Mall for a 5K walk around the historic monuments. The event features entertainment, kids activities and represents Washington in a unique way with teams made up of congressional members and their staff. Moreover, 75% of the money raised from the race goes right back to programs in the greater Washington, D.C. area, focusing on Wards 7 & 8 and Prince George’s County, areas with some of the highest mortality rates in the country. The other 25% goes to the foundation’s global community engagement in more than 50 countries. It’s an inspiring and uplifting morning, featured last year prominently in over 85 news stories.
“When I first heard Colby Dee’s song, ‘I Will Fight On,’ I knew it would be perfect for this year’s Global Race,” said Nancy Brinker, founder and CEO of Susan G. Komen. “Its message of never losing hope is an inspiration, to me personally, and to the millions of women and families living through a breast cancer diagnosis.”
For more information on the Komen Global Race for the Cure, including how to register, visit www.globalRaceforthecure.org or call 703-416-RACE (7223).
More About Colby Dee
Colby Dee is a young, talented country singer/songwriter who made the bold move to Nashville in April of 2011 in full time pursuit of her music dreams. Her sound has been described as “youthful, powerful and vibrant” and that she “has a smile that opens hearts and a soul that can fill them.” Colby Dee has developed strong songwriting skills and has enjoyed collaborating with some top-notch songwriters in Nashville in the few months she’s been there. She is in the studio currently putting the finishing touches on her first official EP, which is scheduled for a summer 2012 release. Colby Dee has been wowing audiences since she was 7 years old with the talent and attitude that “any stage is home”. For more information, please visit www.colbydee.com.
About Susan G. Komen for the Cure®
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure and launched the global breast cancer movement. Today, Susan G. Komen works to end breast cancer in the U.S. and throughout the world through ground-breaking research, community health outreach, advocacy and programs in more than 50 countries. Visit komen.org. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE Colby Dee