ComEd sizzles with the “Coolest Summer Ever” sweepstakes
CHICAGO, June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — As Mother Nature brings the summer heat in full force to northern Illinois, ComEd fights back with the Coolest Summer Ever sweepstakes. Starting on Monday, June 25 and lasting for 10 weeks, visitors to ComEd’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ComEd) have a chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences at several cultural and civic institutions.
Participants can submit an entry everyday for each week’s prize by clicking the Coolest Summer Ever sweepstakes link on ComEd’s Facebook page. By answering trivia questions about iconic civic and cultural institutions, energy efficiency tips and discounts, incentives and assistance available to ComEd customers, entrants will be eligible to receive one of 10 cool prizes, including:
- Four tickets to a Cubs game and the chance to throw out the first pitch.
- Four scout seats to a White Sox game and a chance to change the bases.
- Two passes to the Shedd Aquarium and an in-the-water Beluga Encounter for two.
- Private VIP tour and dinner for four in the Smart Home exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry.
- A multi-show package to five Chicago theaters.
- Two tickets to the opening of Mary Zimmerman’s “Metamorphoses” at the Lookingglass Theatre on Sept. 30 and an opportunity to meet the cast and crew at the post-play party.
- Two tickets to Goodman Theatre’s 2012/2013 “Something Wild” season-opening benefit performance of “Sweet Bird of Youth” on Sept. 24 and an invitation to the post-performance cast party.
- Two tickets to Steppenwolf Theater Company’s 2012/2013 season opening performance of “Good People” on Sept. 23 and an invitation to the post-performance party.
- Two tickets to Chicago Shakespeare Theatre’s 1 p.m. matinee of “Sunday in the Park with George,” dinner at Riva, and a 7:30 p.m. performance of “The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart” on Wednesday, Oct. 3.
- Two tickets to Silk Road Rising to view Adriana Sevahn Nichols’ new play “Night Over Erzinga.” Recipient can choose to attend any performance of their choice (Oct. 9 – Nov. 11). In addition, a $100 gift certificate to Catch 35, Silk Road Rising’s official restaurant partner.
- A Rockford road trip that features a limo ride and two tickets to the Rockford Symphony Orchestra’s opening night, dinner and a $100 gift certificate to Abreo restaurant. Plus four passes to On the Waterfront and Discovery Center.
- Zoo Package that includes a behind-the-scenes encounter with a rhino and lunch with a zoological manager at the Lincoln Park Zoo and a chance to feed the giraffes with the zookeepers at Brookfield Zoo.
- Private tour for 10 at the Adler Planetarium’s Doane Observatory given by one of the Adler’s astronomers.
- Private tour of the Art Institute of Chicago’s “Roy Lichtenstein: A Retrospective.”
- A $5,000 grant from ComEd to the winner’s favorite nonprofit organization.
All of the civic and cultural institutions associated with the Coolest Summer Ever sweepstakes prize offerings are community partners of ComEd’s. As part of ComEd’s commitment to the communities where its employees and customers live and work, the company and its partners will use this platform to educate customers about energy conservation, related discounts and incentives and benefits available to northern Illinois residents.
The Coolest Summer Ever sweepstakes ends on Sept. 2. Additional information and sweepstakes rules can be found at www.facebook.com/ComEd
Commonwealth Edison Company (ComEd) is a unit of Chicago-based Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC), the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with approximately 6.6 million customers. ComEd provides service to approximately 3.8 million customers across northern Illinois, or 70 percent of the state’s population.