WRD Hosts 8th Annual Groundwater Quality Workshop
Continuing Education Units Credited by the State Department of Public Health
LAKEWOOD, Calif., June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — The Water Replenishment District (WRD) today hosted its 8th Annual Groundwater Quality Workshop, featuring water quality experts from WRD and other agencies speaking on various topics of interest to engineers, water system operators and others who manage or operate public water systems. With over 100 participants from throughout WRD’s service area and beyond, the workshop provided information necessary for municipal and water agency staff to meet state mandated drinking water regulations and better understand treatment options and water quality monitoring.
Presentations will be given on various subjects including;
- CDPH Regulatory Updates by Sutida Bergquist, Calif. Dept of Public Health
- Maximizing Your Water Quality Laboratory for Water System Management: A Private Lab Perspective by James Hein, MWH Laboratories
- Regulations and Recent Studies Addressing CECs in Groundwater by Ann Heil,
Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County
- Alternative Regulatory Approaches to Discharges from Community Water Systems by Dr. David Kimbrough, Pasadena Water & Power
- Presentation: Contingency Planning: Treatment Alternatives for a Brighter Future by Mark Grivetti, Geosyntec
- The Recycled Water Policy’s Salt & Nutrient Management Plan Requirements by Dr. Ginachi Amah, Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Strategic Planning for Recharge Using Stormwater: A Case Study by Dr. Cathy Chang, WRD; Mike Antos, Council for Watershed Health
- Regional Groundwater Monitoring of Central and West Coast Basins by Tony Kirk, WRD
A wealth of information was provided and very much appreciated by all the attendees. These types of workshops are provided by WRD to its groundwater partners to ensure a healthy groundwater source for over 4 million residents, or 10% of the State’s population. Groundwater Quality Workshops are just one of the ways WRD continues providing quality groundwater for today and for the future.
All participants received Continuing Education Units provided by the California Department of Public Health.
WRD Board President Albert Robles said, “WRD is dedicated to assuring the 4 million people in the District’s service area have high quality groundwater. We are happy to facilitate workshops, like this one, to help disseminate the latest information related to water quality.”
A special thank you goes out to GEOSYNTEC for sponsoring the lunch.
The Water Replenishment District of Southern California is the regional groundwater management agency that protects and preserves the quantity and quality of groundwater for two of the most utilized urban basins in the State of California. The service area is home to over ten percent of California’s population residing in 43 cities in southern Los Angeles County. WRD is governed by a publicly elected Board of Directors which includes Willard H. Murray, Jr., Robert Katherman, Lillian Kawasaki, Sergio Calderon, and Albert Robles.
For more information, please visit WRD at www.wrd.org.
SOURCE Water Replenishment District of Southern California