Ogilvy & Mather Continue to Triumph at Cannes Lions 2012
CANNES, France, June 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide has been honoured with a further 24 awards on the third day of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity 2012 in the Press, Cyber, Radio and Design categories.
In Press, Ogilvy Brazil was awarded Gold for its compelling campaign – ‘A’ ‘T’ ‘S’ ‘I’ for mobile company Claro. The creative starkly sets out the consequences of texting while driving. Ogilvy & Mather New York office also scooped Gold in the Design category for its ‘THINK’ campaign for IBM – a deliberately low-tech solution for a high-tech event.
Tham Khai Meng, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer at Ogilvy & Mather and Film & Press Jury President at Cannes 2012 said: “having judged the quality of work entered into the awards, this is a wonderful achievement for the whole network. It is also testament to the power of creativity as a force for good and I’m thrilled to see our agencies across the world honoured on such a prominent stage.”
As well as two Gold, the agency was presented with 3 Silver and 7 Bronze in Press, 2 Silver and 2 Bronze in Cyber, 1 Silver and 3 Bronze in Radio and 4 Bronze in Design.
The International Festival of Creativity, also known as Cannes Lions, is the world’s leading celebration of creativity in communications. As the most prestigious international annual advertising and communications awards, over 28,800 entries from all over the world are showcased and judged at the Festival. Full information about the 2012 Awards and winners can be found at: www.canneslions.com
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world with 450 offices in 120 countries worldwide. It is also the number one agency in terms of global effectiveness awards.
Notes to Editors:
Ogilvy & Mather
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. Through its specialty units, the company provides a comprehensive range of marketing services in-house including: brand advertising; direct marketing; interactive; digital and targeted media; brand identity; retail and in-store promotions; trade/event marketing, public relations; CRM and loyalty marketing; fast-track, low-cost delivery; analytics and research capabilities; strategic partnerships; branded content and entertainment; multicultural marketing, and sustainability marketing. Ogilvy & Mather services Fortune Global 500 companies as well as local businesses through its network of more than 450 offices in 120 countries. It is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, visit www.ogilvy.com.
Facts & Figures
- 18,000 Total employees across the world
- 120 countries
- 450 offices
- More than 50 languages
- The number one agency in three out of the four BRIC countries: Brazil, China and India
- Ogilvy & Mather Asia Pacific recently won Campaign Asia Pacific network of the year
- Ogilvy & Mather winner of Network of the Year at The Clio Awards 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather winner of most effective agency of 2012 in North America – winning 18 Effie Awards including winning the agency of the year award for the second year in a row with 145 points.
Ogilvy & Mather Firsts and Only:
- First ad agency to go public on both the New York and London Stock Exchanges (1966)
- First agency network in the world to establish an interactive capability, the Interactive Marketing Group, forerunner to OgilvyInteractive (1983)
- First western ad agency to officially open in the Soviet Union (1989)
SOURCE Ogilvy & Mather