AT&T U-verse Brings Customers NBCUniversal’s Coverage of 2012 London Summer Olympic Games July 25 – August 12
DALLAS, July 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — AT&T* U-verse(®), in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games to commence on Wednesday, July 25 through Sunday, August 12. Designed to provide AT&T U-verse customers with access to more than 5,293 hours of NBCUniversal’s coverage of unprecedented Olympic programming, this offering represents the largest number of total Olympics hours ever. AT&T U-verse will offer NBCUniversal’s Olympic content live and on-demand and across multiple digital, mobile and tablet platforms, and for the first time ever, 242 hours of the Games will be available in 3D.
“The Olympic Games is always a must-see event, and we’re excited to bring NBCUniversal’s coverage of the 2012 London Olympic Games to multiple screens,” said Jeff Weber, President of Content and Advertising Sales, AT&T Home Solutions. “We’re thrilled to deliver NBCUniversal’s around-the-clock Games content to U-verse customers virtually whenever and wherever they want to watch.”
In addition to extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo and Telemundo, and two HD specialty channels, subscribers can stay connected to the London Summer Olympic Games wherever they go exclusively via NBCOlympics.com, and the NBC Olympics and NBC Olympics Live Extra apps available to mobile and tablet users.
As part of a U-verse customer’s video subscription, which includes all Olympic television content, NBCUniversal is bringing Olympic content to subscribers live and on-demand, online, and on mobile and tablet devices via applications. This additional access to NBCUniversal’s Olympic programming extends AT&T U-verse customers’ opportunities to watch the Games on the go.
Following are multiplatform offerings that will allow U-verse customers to watch and be a part of the London 2012 Olympic Games, including live streaming, VOD, mobile and tablet apps, a 3D channel and an interactive TV app.
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience on AT&T U-verse Includes:
- NBCOlympics.com: NBC Olympics Live Extra, the exclusive home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who subscribe to a package that includes CNBC and MSNBC and who sign-in. NBCOlympics.com will live stream more than 3,500 total programming hours, including NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC and Bravo, for the first time ever so that U-verse customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Those subscribers who sign in and verify by Friday, July 27 can enter the NBC Olympics Live Extra Sweepstake for a chance to win prizes including a trip to the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, an HDTV, and other prizes, courtesy of NBCUniversal. U-verse TV customers should follow these verification procedures to access Olympic programming via NBCOlympics.com:
- Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
- Click the “Click here & Get Ready” button
- Select AT&T UVerse as your telco provider
- Enter your AT&T U-verse username and password that corresponds with your account
- You are signed in throughout the Games on that device!
- Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Olympics Live Extra app will be available to verified U-verse customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. U-verse customers can verify their mobile and tablet devices when the NBC Olympics Live Extra App launches. The NBC Olympics app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Olympics Live Extra app.
On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via the U-verse Movies service. See U.S. athletes compete in Diving, Gymnastics, Swimming, and Track & Field with over 100 highlights covering the U.S. Trials.
Pre-Games: Viewers can access more than 120, 4-8 minute clips available in SD and HD.
In Games: NBCU will offer more than 550 highlight clips, in addition to 240 full-length event replays, available within 24 hours of the event completion, all in HD and SD.
- Interactive TV: U-verse customers will have access to an on-screen interactive application with NBCUniversal’s real-time medal counts, athlete bios, team USA reports, Olympic news and more. Customers will also be able to watch up to six different NBCUniversal channels featuring Olympic Games content on their TV screen. The interactive TV experience is available to U-verse customers during Olympic programming on the networks of NBCUniversal on channel 94 or click “Go Interactive” on the remote control.
- 3D: Panasonic Corporation of North America and the NBC Sports Group have partnered to make the London 2012 Olympic Games available in 3D to U-verse TV customers. The effort will produce 242 hours of coverage and mark the first time that the Olympic Games will be distributed in the U.S. in 3D. The 3D broadcasts will be shown on next-day delay and will span multiple competitions throughout the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games.
- Specialty Channels: Dedicated 24/7 basketball and soccer channels are available to U-verse TV customers on channels 1637 and 1638, and will total 770 hours of NBC’s HD coverage.
And exclusively on U-verse TV, customers will have access to the original series “Behind the Dream,” which gives customers a closer look at the United States swim and gymnastics teams’ journey to London, features and highlights from the Paralympics, athlete interviews and other exciting content. AT&T U-verse customers can enjoy all these features at no additional charge.
The 2012 London Olympic Summer Games will run throughout 19 unforgettable days and nights, covering every sport, medal, champion and riveting moment. For more information, visit www.NBCOlympics.com, att.com/uverse or uverse.com.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
About NBC Olympics
A division of the NBC Sports Group, NBC Olympics is responsible for producing, programming and promoting NBCUniversal’s Olympic coverage. It is renowned for its unsurpassed Olympic heritage, award-winning production, and ability to aggregate the largest audiences in U.S. television history.
Having produced every Summer Olympics since Seoul in 1988 and every Winter Olympics since Salt Lake City in 2002, the networks of NBCUniversal are synonymous with the Games in the United States. In 2011, NBCUniversal acquired the U.S. media rights on all platforms to the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics, the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, and the 2020 Summer Olympics. At the conclusion of the 2020 Games, NBCUniversal will have presented 17 total Olympic Games and 11 consecutive, the most for a U.S. media company in both categories.
NBC has won an unprecedented 91 Emmy Awards for its Olympics coverage, as well as a prestigious Peabody Award for its presentation of the Beijing Opening Ceremony in 2008, which USA Today said was “the best overall Olympic experience ever provided by a U.S. network.”
In addition to its unsurpassed heritage and award-winning production, NBCUniversal is known for aggregating large Olympic audiences, as nine of the top 11 most-watched U.S. television events of all time are Olympic Games presented across the networks of NBCUniversal. The Beijing Summer Olympics rank No. 1 with 215 million viewers.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T ?DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Geographic and service restrictions apply to AT&T U-verse. Call or go to www.att.com/uverse to see if you qualify.
AT&T U-verse TV: Residential customers only. Prices, programming, features and offers subject to change without notice. U-verse TV Olympics App: AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Account required. Channels/content available within the app are based on U-verse TV package and additional programming purchased. Access to HD requires additional monthly fee.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.