Mirassou Winery and Design Expert Genevieve Gorder Offer Tips to “Brighten Your Home”
MODESTO, Calif., Aug. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – Mirassou® Winery and interior design expert and TV personality Genevieve Gorder know a thing or two about the intersection of wine and design. Mirassou and Genevieve have teamed up to share their respective expertise, offering tips and ideas to help brighten up home entertaining spaces.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/57598-mirassou-winery-genevieve-gorder-tips-for-home-entertaining-with-wine
“When you combine my wine tips and Genevieve’s entertaining ideas, you have a perfect pairing for your next gathering with friends or family,” said David Mirassou, wine expert and sixth generation of America’s oldest winemaking family.
The Mirassou family has been growing grapes and crafting superior wines in the sun-drenched hills of California since 1854. From America’s best-selling premium Pinot Noir(1) to the new California Moscato, today’s Mirassou wines embody the bright spirit that is so much a part of the winery’s sunny California history.
“When it comes to home entertaining, wine and design go hand-in-hand,” said Genevieve. “Mirassou and I are an ideal match because their wines and my designs are both distinctly approachable and welcoming. Adding Mirassou to your table is the perfect finishing touch for any home design project and every gathering, any time of year.”
Genevieve’s unmistakable style and enthusiasm have made her one of America’s favorite interior designers. Finding inspiration and beauty in everyday life, she applies her soulful and whimsical style to transform interiors. Inspired by the iconic sun logo on Mirassou’s label, Genevieve offers these “bright ideas” for entertaining with wine and design:
- Wine Bar Brilliance: Create a home bar on any surface of your home. Arrange beautiful bottles of wine on a vintage silver or brass tray, add wine glasses and two taper candle holders. With a bit of mood lighting, glassware and beverages, a bar is just that simple and guests know they can pour their own wine. For variety, offer guests a white wine, a red wine, and a sweeter wine, such as Mirassou Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Moscato.
- Surfaces that Shine: Put every surface to use when entertaining large groups, such as stacking coasters on the mantle to expand your typical entertaining space. Add a pop of color, such as the bright yellow sun on a bottle of Mirassou wine, so guests know they can use the mantle as a gathering place.
- A Bright Buffet: The next time you have guests over for wine and cheese, create a buffet table that works your guests along the line visually. Start at the highest point with flatware and rolled linen napkins in tall vessels, then use cake tiers for flatbreads and crackers, followed by cutting boards for cheeses and accompaniments at the lowest point in the middle. Move the eye line back up again at the finish with vases of nuts and bottles of Mirassou wine.
- Metallic Mix & Match: Don’t be afraid to mix elements on your dining table to make your presentation really shine. Think about mixing metals like brass and silver with white glass to create a powerful triad. Then use mismatched plates and chairs to bring a homey and casual feeling to a gathering. For the final touch, add a bottle of Mirassou.
- California Tastin’: For a new theme for your next gathering, host an at-home wine tasting. Ask guests to bring a bottle of wine from the same region – such as California – and then spend the evening trying different wines and learning which you like best.
- Chalk One Up to Creativity: Chalkboard contact paper (available at craft stores) is an easy way to add a touch of DIY design to your next gathering. Prior to the party, simply roll out the chalkboard paper on your dining table and use chalk to write the types of wines and food pairings right on the table. You can even draw lines and arrows to suggest specific food/wine pairings for guests.
Earlier this year, Mirassou and Genevieve announced the Brighten Your Home Sweepstakes for a chance to win a virtual design consultation with Genevieve, a $5,000 cash prize to bring the design to life in their home, along with Mirassou branded items perfect for brightening up any entertaining space. Visit www.facebook.com/MirassouWinery by August 31, 2012 to enter and to view the official rules.
For more video tips from Genevieve and David, delicious recipe pairing ideas and to download Mirassou’s at-home entertaining kit, find Mirassou on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MirassouWinery and at www.mirassou.com.
About Mirassou Winery: The Mirassou family has been growing grapes and crafting superior wines in California since 1854, earning them the distinction of being America’s oldest winemaking family. Today, the Mirassou wine style is light-bodied, refreshing and fruit-forward. Mirassou’s premium wines – Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Moscato, Pinot Noir, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon – retail for approximately $12 per bottle and are widely available in all 50 states. They can be located through Mirassou.com’s “Where to Buy” section or by ordering at www.thebarrelroom.com.
California Table Wine, ©2012 Mirassou Winery, Modesto, CA. All rights reserved.
(1 )Source: IRI Premium Pinot Noir tbl wine category by volume, 52 weeks ending 6/24/12
SOURCE Mirassou Winery