WLEY-FM “LA LEY 107.9FM” And The Chicago Bears Invite You To A Press Conference Tuesday, August 28Th For The Announcement Of Their New Radio Broadcast Partnership
CHICAGO, Aug. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ –
WHO: The Chicago Bears and WLEY-FM "LA LEY 107.9FM," executives and Bears starting center Roberto Garza will announce a new radio partnership that will bring Bears football games to Chicago's Hispanic community. WHAT: Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (SBS) (NASDAQ: SBSA) WLEY-FM "LA LEY 107.9FM" and the Chicago Bears will announce tomorrow the official Spanish radio coverage partnership with WLEY-FM-"LA LEY 107.9FM" to bring Bears football games to the Spanish radio dial. The Chicago Bears have reached an agreement with WLEY-FM-"LA LEY 107.9FM," as the team's new Spanish language station. WHERE: Halas Hall at Conway Park- Check in: Media Room 1920 Football Drive, Lake Forest, IL. 60045 WHEN: Tuesday, August 28th, 2012 11:45 am- arrivals 12:00 pm- press announcement
MEDIA RSVP CONTACTS:
Mike Corbo, Chicago Bears (847) 739-5224,
Vladimir Gomez, Spanish Broadcasting System, LA LEY 107.9FM, (786) 306-1932, firstname.lastname@example.org
- WLEY-FM “LA LEY 107.9FM” (URL:http:www.laley1079.com) will become the Spanish language flagship station of the Chicago Bears with the on-air team of Jose Luis Marquez “El Pitufo” and Liz Liz “La Dama del Deporte” is a long time sports broadcaster, while Marquez is one of the most well-respected and tenured Spanish radio voices in Chicago.
- For the first time in Chicago Bears history, the Bears’ football team will have Spanish language radio broadcasts in 2012-13.
- WLEY-FM “LA LEY 107.9FM”will also have a significant presence inside Soldier Field on game days, at team events throughout the year and on ChicagoBears.com.
- WLEY-FM “LA LEY 107.9FM” is a radio station broadcasting a Regional Mexican format. Licensed to Aurora, Illinois, USA, the station serves the Chicago, Rockford area. The station is own and operated by Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc.
- When WLEY-FM “LA LEY 107.9FM”, launched on July 4th 1997, the people shouted “Aqui Manda LA LEY!” (The Law Rules!) and responded by putting WLEY among Chicago’s top radio stations and keeping it where we still are today. LA LEY is part of the community and our listeners’ everyday lives.
- Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. is the largest publicly traded Hispanic-controlled media and entertainment company in the United States. SBS owns and/or operates 21 radio stations located in the top U.S. Hispanic markets of New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Puerto Rico, airing the Tropical, Mexican Regional, Spanish Adult Contemporary and Hurban format genres. SBS has 3 of the top 6 Spanish-language stations in the nation including the #1 Spanish station in America, WSKQ-FM in New York City (WPAT is ranked #3 and KLAX is ranked #6). The Company also owns and operates MegaTV, a television operation with over-the-air, cable and satellite distribution and affiliates throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. SBS also produces live concerts and events throughout the country and operates LaMusica.com, a bilingual Spanish-English online site providing content related to Latin music, entertainment, news and culture. The Company’s corporate Web site can be accessed at www.spanishbroadcasting.com.
SOURCE WLEY-FM “LA LEY 107.9FM”