Centerplate Welcomes Republican National Convention to Tampa with Tropicana Field Gala Event
TAMPA, Fla., Aug. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — As political leaders from across the country gathered in Tampa, Florida for the Republican National Convention, Centerplate, America’s event hospitality leader, was there to welcome them at a gala “Kickoff” reception, held at Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays. Fusing local Tampa flavors and favorites with world-class hospitality, Centerplate’s award winning chefs hosted more than 10,000 guests, including media and delegates. The inaugural event was the first in the history of the Convention to welcome delegates and media members at the same event.
Showcasing the entire Tampa Bay region, including Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater, Centerplate provided all attendees with a taste of the Tampa Bay area’s history, culture and other local themes. The invitation-only, cocktail-style reception featured specially designed menu items including:
- Grouper Sliders, with spicy remoulade
- Clearwater “Ceviche” a poached shrimp, fine diced tomato, chopped red onion, avocado and scallions, tossed in a vibrant, tangy Key Lime juice with crispy tortilla crisps with red, white and blue tortitas
- Key Lime Caesar Salad, a Florida twist on a classic salad, tossed lightly with our house-made creamy key lime Caesar dressing
- St. Pete Grilled Chicken, mango, sweet peppers with Tequila Sauce
- Tampa Bay Salad, a popular and traditional Tampa Bay salad creation with julienne of baked ham, natural Swiss cheese, tomato, olives, grated Romano cheese tossed in garlic vinaigrette.
The guest list included delegates from the 50 United States and its 6 territories, local and national media, Republican National Committee members, dignitaries and special guests.
Centerplate crafts and delivers “Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results.” in over 250 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America – annually serving over 100 million guests. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 15 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 20 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. Last year, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/ hospitality group in the country by Nation’s Restaurant News. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com