Alan Schulman, Chief Creative Officer, SapientNitro, to Keynote Digital Place-based Advertising Association’s 5th Annual Digital Media Summit in New York on October 16
Agenda and Preliminary Speaker Roster Announced Registration Opens with Attendance Projected to Increase by 25% to 500+
NEW YORK, Sept. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — The Digital Place-based Advertising Association (DPAA) announced today that Alan Schulman, chief creative officer, SapientNitro, will keynote the association’s 5(th) annual Digital Media Summit at the New York Hilton on Tuesday, Oct. 16. Registration is now open for the day-long event, with attendance expected to increase by 25% over last year to a record of more than 500 registrants. Registration and information can be found at dp-aa.org/2012DigitalMediaSummitContextMatters.php
The Summit will examine critical topics related to digital place-based media, including contextual engagement and planning strategies, and feature case studies presented by leading national advertisers. The agenda will include a town hall-style open meeting with the entire audience to discuss strategies to grow the industry. Leading the discussion will be David Krupp, president, Kinetic; John Muszynski, chief investment officer, SMG X; and Pierre Richer, president, NEC Display Solutions.
Other confirmed topics and speakers include:
- David Verklin, partner, VSV Partners and former CEO of Hal Riney, Carat and Canoe Ventures, will moderate “Digital Place-based Media – The Brand Marketer’s Perspective,” in which marketers will speak frankly about why they use DPb media, the barriers to greater usage and how agencies, networks and other stakeholders can help overcome some of these barriers to deliver a more useful and impactful tool for their brands.
- Case studies from Oppenheimer Funds, Hallmark and Fosters. Additional case studies will be announced in the coming weeks.
- “The Latest Advances in Research and What it Means for DPb,” moderated by Don Gloeckler, chief research officer, Advertising Research Foundation, formerly of P&G. Panelists include Jim Spaeth, founder, Media Behavior Institute; David Shiffman, senior vice president, director of research, MediaVest; and Leslie Wood, chief research officer, Nielsen Catalina Solutions.
- “Using Technology to Engage Consumers – Best in Class Case Studies” with panelists Stephen Randall, founder & chief executive, LocaModa; Sanjay Manandhar, founder & CEO, Aerva; and Mikhail Damiani, CEO/co-founder, Blue Bite.
- Opening remarks by Bob Liodice, president and CEO, Association of National Advertisers.
In addition to the day’s sessions, a Media Lab featuring leading digital place-based networks and new technologies will be open to attendees.
The DPAA said there are a limited number of sponsorship and Media Lab exhibition opportunities remaining. Companies interested in sponsorship packages and exhibit space can contact Ryan Pogy at Ryan.Pogy@dp-aa.org or 646 205 8525. Summit sponsors and Media Lab exhibitors to date include VUKUNET by NEC, BroadSign, Ayuda, Arbitron, PRN, Captivate, GfK, Show Media, Nielsen IMS and Aerva.
Susan Danaher, president and CEO of the DPAA, said, “Our 5(th) annual Digital Media Summit will feature our most robust agenda yet, featuring an all-star lineup of speakers. The tremendous enthusiasm for this year’s event reflects the excitement and buzz surrounding the digital place-based sector. We are looking forward to a full day of idea exchange and provocative discussions.”
Founded in 2006, the Digital Place-based Advertising Association (DPAA) represents leading digital placed-based networks and the advertising community that is actively engaged in planning, buying and evaluating the effectiveness of the medium. On behalf of its members, DPAA seeks to foster ongoing collaboration between agencies and digital place-based advertising networks; provide standards, best practices and industry-wide research; and promote the effectiveness of digital place-based advertising. For more information please visit www.dp-aa.org. Twitter: @DPAAds
Mark Braff / Braff Communications LLC / 201-612-0707 / email@example.com
SOURCE Digital Place-based Advertising Association (DPAA)