Centerplate Unveils “Electrifying” 2012-2013 Menu For San Diego Chargers Fans
SAN DIEGO, Sept. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Centerplate, the leading event hospitality provider to the National Football League and proud hospitality partner to the San Diego Chargers, unveiled today a series of new hospitality programs and community initiatives for the 2012-2013 NFL season. Food Trucks, Farm to Fan freshness, a completely revamped tailgate area, craft beer and whiskey bars are all on tap for one single reason: to delight every Charger fan, every game, with world-class hospitality.
New for this season is an impressive list of hospitality plans for fans, no matter what their game-day tastes might be.
- Farm to Fan – Introducing a vegetarian friendly stand featuring an interactive salad cart, Aguas Frescas, Whole fruits and vegetables, and Organic Beers. All produce is sourced locally within a 250 mile radius of San Diego.
- Food Truck Central- The Food Truck Craze hits Qualcomm Stadium, with some of San Diego’s most beloved trucks: San Diego Street Eats, The Super Q and Foodfarm all scheduled for their Qualcomm debut.
- Tailgate Zone – Newly renovated and featuring the latest in draft beer technology, Bottoms Up. A system that pours the perfect beer, every time, from the bottom of the cup. Featuring Happy Hour beer pricing until Kick Off.
- Dog House – Featuring a wide variety of gourmet topped hot dogs and Bratwurst. Our Signature Carne Asada Dog is made of 100% all beef Carne Asada and topped with black beans, picco de gallo, sour cream and fresh cilantro. Truly a fan favorite.
- First Down Fries – The NFL’s first interactive French Fry bar. Select from over 25 different spicy and savory seasonings & hot toppings. Featuring 8 Chef prepared ketchups and endless flavor options, First Down Fries is the perfect place to experience it all.
- Whisky Bar – Featuring over 35 top shelf whiskies and bourbons from across the globe.
- Hamburger Huddle- Located near the Tailgate Zone, the Hamburger Huddle features one of the highest quality meats available in San Diego. Our Certified Angus Beef patties are always fresh and never frozen. With a game day special designed around our opposing team, the flavor combinations are unmatched.
- Beach Bar- Featuring authentic street tacos made with freshly prepared tortillas.
- Beers of the World- Featuring over 40 different beers from across the globe.
Centerplate is also offer pre-game Happy Hour at the Tailgate Zone featuring draft beers until Kick-Off.
“San Diego Chargers fans are among the best in the NFL, and we wanted to wow them this year with a game-day experience that’s totally unique to San Diego, and reflects the very best flavors, favorites and flair of this region,” said Ron Lee, Centerplate’s General Manager. “At Qualcomm Stadium, we’ve put a huge focus on engaging local chefs, showcasing local favorites, even local food trucks and suppliers.”
This year, Centerplate is launching a national program, The Centerplate Promise, as part of its core commitment to support and improve the communities in which Centerplate staff live and work. At Qualcomm Stadium, The Centerplate Promise will donate $100 for every home-team touchdown during Chargers home games. The funds will go towards combating child homelessness.
“Centerplate takes incredible pride in partnering with the local community to make a positive impact on our friends and neighbors – both in and out of the stadium,” says Centerplate President and CEO Des Hague. “Having the privilege of working for our NFL partner’s incredible fans comes with a responsibility to be a community leader, and the Centerplate Promise is our way of giving back.”
Centerplate is also introducing a new program in Qualcomm Stadium suites called Chef Naturals. This new program features seven tasty dishes, some sports classics, and some soon to be favorites, all featuring naturally sourced ingredients including: wild white shrimp served with a spicy cocktail sauce and lemon and lime wedges, all meat frankfurters with caraway seed Riesling sauerkraut, tomato fondue, and natural potato rolls and Flourless Chocolate Cake with chipotle spiked natural Mexican cocoa ganache and fresh strawberries among others.
Chargers fans will also enjoy Centerplate’s new fan appreciation program, the “Victory Select” menu, featuring fan-friendly stadium favorites at fan-friendly value pricing. Making it easier then ever to find these fan-friendly items, the Victory Select menu will be offered at virtually all general fare locations. Fans can learn more about the menu items on large graphical menu boards installed this season to showcase Victory Select. Also on the menu for health conscious fans is Centerplate’s SnackSmart collection – two assortments of healthier for you snacks, including many gluten-free options.
Centerplate crafts and delivers “Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results.” in over 250 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America – annually serving over 100 million guests. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 15 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 20 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. Last year, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/ hospitality group in the country by Nation’s Restaurant News. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com