Vibes Brings Apple’s Passbook To Life With Catapult(TM) Mobile Pages
CHICAGO, Sept. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Vibes, a mobile marketing and technology company, is debuting Catapult(TM) Mobile Pages with Passbook integration. Mobile consumers who updated their iPhones this week with Apple’s new iOS 6 software are now looking to fill Passbook with compelling content. This first-to-market solution from Vibes allows retailers and brands to address this consumer need by making it easy to create and distribute compelling mobile experiences in minutes using the new Catapult Mobile Pages module.
Mobile Pages with Passbook integration gives retailers and brands a turnkey solution for quickly building mobile Web pages and Passbook passes. A marketer simply decides what they want to offer and how they want it to look and then uses Catapult’s intuitive builder tools to execute the campaign. The template-driven solution creates mobile Web pages that contain rich, dynamic content, including mobile coupons, offers, links, product and brand images, and more. Now retailers and brands have an easy-to-use tool for creating both mobile Web pages and passes for iOS 6. As retailers and brands start delivering these experiences, smartphone users will have more and better choices for making Passbook an invaluable shopping companion.
“We’re really excited about the opportunities Apple’s Passbook offers marketers and even more excited to offer its functionality to our clients within days of the iOS 6 release,” said Alex Campbell, Vibes co-founder and chief innovation officer. “Passbook has great app-like benefits that retailers can take advantage of, which is why we’re putting it front and center within our new Mobile Pages offering.”
For consumers, Vibes’ new offering makes the mobile experience even more unique and personal. Working with Passbook’s location-aware functionality, retailers can make offers timely and relevant to a person’s proximity to a physical retail store. Passbook notifications can be triggered based on a person’s location, which will serve as a reminder of his/her offers, creating urgency and making it more likely that they will stop in-store to redeem them.
“Advances in HTML5 have helped mobile Web emerge as a great way to engage with consumers,” said Campbell. “Passbook takes things a step further by adding app-like functionality for those customers who haven’t downloaded a brand’s app. This ability to engage with consumers so directly and intimately is a game-changer for brands. The question for marketers now is how to do this quickly and cost effectively, while still delivering compelling experiences.”
Recent research conducted by Vibes found that only 44 percent of smartphone users download their favorite brand’s app. Passbook is a brand’s opportunity to reach the other 56 percent of consumers who are looking for other ways to interact and engage.
Catapult is Vibes’ cloud-based mobile marketing platform that arms brands with intuitive, data-driven tools to engage consumers across multiple communication channels, including text, MMS, push, QR codes, mobile Web and now Passbook.
Vibes is hosting a webinar Oct. 4, 2012, for brands and marketers to learn more about how to leverage Mobile Pages with Passbook integration to create and execute compelling mobile marketing experiences. For more information about Vibes’ Mobile Pages module and Passbook-enabled solutions, visit www.vibes.com/mobile-pages.
Founded in 1998, Vibes is a mobile marketing and technology leader that helps some of the world’s biggest brands acquire, engage and deepen relationships throughout the customer lifecycle. Vibes’ Catapult platform enables brands, agencies and media companies to launch a wide range of mobile solutions from SMS, to MMS, QR Codes, on-screen, alerts, mobile Web, mobile incentives and integration with social platforms. Using Vibes’ Mobile Relationship Management (MRM) approach, companies forge immediate and long-lasting customer relationships by tapping into the uniquely personal nature of the mobile phone. The Company has delivered billions of mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Verizon, Allstate, The Gap, Tribune, Fox, Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Gannett and the Chicago Bulls. Vibes is one of only nine Tier 1 aggregators with secure, direct connections to all the major carriers. To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com or connect on Facebook.com/VibesMedia or Twitter.com/Vibes_Media.
Kristin Parran Faulder
InkHouse (for Vibes)