Songza exceeds 1 Million registered Users in Canada and over 160,000,000 Streams
LONG ISLAND CITY, N.Y., Oct. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Songza(TM), the popular music streaming app that provides a soundtrack for your life, has surpassed 1 Million registered users in Canada since its debut in early August. Greater than 90% of these users enjoy Songza on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Songza’s unique Music Concierge service streams a perfect playlist into your ears based on the day of the week, time of day, device you are using and situation you are in. The playlists on Songza are thoughtfully hand-crafted by a network of music experts to ensure you always get the right song, for the right moment. And Songza isn’t just free, it’s audio advertisement-free, which means your studying, workout session, cocktail party or morning commute will never be interrupted.
“Songza serves the perfect expertly-curated soundtrack that makes whatever you are doing better,” said Elias Roman, Songza’s CEO and co-founder. “We saw an opportunity to bring that experience to Canada and we’re thrilled to see such positive results just seventy days later.”
Some other interesting stats from the last 70 days:
- Users enjoyed over 160,000,000 streams.
- Average time per visit was 3.66% longer among Canadians versus the U.S.
- When browsing by Mood, Canadians and Americans both chose Mellow more than any other mood. Americans’ next most popular mood category was Happy, while Canadians’ next biggest mood category was Sexual.
- While Americans and Canadians chose working and studying-related activities for the top two Activity choices, the third most popular choice for Canadians was Cardio Workouts, compared with Partying in the US.
For bonus points, enjoy these Songza playlists featuring incredible Canadian artists. As always, Songza is 100% free, with no audio ads.
- The ’00s Canadian Indie Scene: http://songza.com/listen/the-00s-canadian-indie-scene-songza/
- Toronto Now: Indie Music from Hogtown: http://songza.com/listen/toronto-now-indie-music-from-hogtown-songza/
- Canuck Folk: http://songza.com/listen/canuck-folk-songza/
Songza is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
Headquartered in Long Island City, NY, Songza is built by the team that founded crowd-priced MP3 download store AmieStreet.com in 2006 from their dorms at Brown University. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.