Keynotes from AT&T, Verizon, Windstream, and other innovative operators headline TelcoTV 2012 program this week in Las Vegas
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — TelcoTV, the largest conference and expo focused on video broadband network service providers in the U.S., is preparing for its best-ever event from October 24 to 26, 2012 at the Las Vegas Hotel, Nevada. Operators large and small – as well as the equipment, services and content vendors that serve them – will come together to discuss and learn about the latest technologies, trends and regulatory insights in the business. For more information or to register to attend, visit www.telcotvonline.com.
Now in its 11th year, TelcoTV is produced by UBM TechWeb in partnership with the NTCA (National Telecommunications Cooperative Association).
Among the prominent keynotes will be:
- Robert Mudge, President of Consumer & Mass Business at Verizon;
- Maria Dillard, Vice President of U-verse and Video Products at AT&T;
- Jeff Gardner, President & CEO of Windstream;
- Shirley Bloomfield, CEO of NTCA;
- Carl Russo, President & CEO of Calix; and,
- Dave Wittwer, President & CEO of TDS Telecom.
The stellar lineup of speakers at this year’s TelcoTV will touch on the industry’s most important topics:
- Whether it’s more personalized services or better customer support for new digital homes, service providers need to develop stronger ties with their customers to ensure future relationship. The Becoming Customer-Centric track will feature seven thought-provoking sessions that examine everything from the connected home and delivering smarter customer service, to developing, marketing and selling new services.
- Adding over-the-top video to your IPTV offering; successful strategies for retransmission rights; and a focus on local content are just some of the important issues that will be covered in the Video Strategies track. For operators looking to develop multi-screen video offerings or incorporate new technologies and services into the video mix, this track covers it all.
- Understanding the underlying broadband and IP technologies that support and enable future video services and other broadband services is essential. The Network Strategies track will have eight sessions covering essential topics ranging from Making the Most of Your Copper Infrastructure to IPv6: Ready or Not, Here it Comes!
- Every service provider is looking for new revenues, in the face of government funding cuts and core revenue decline. The New Revenue track explores specific options for creating new services, revenues and profits on existing network infrastructure.
Among the many highly anticipated presentations, attendees will hear from Aditya Kishore, Senior Analyst at Heavy Reading, as he releases the results of the State of the Video Consumer Survey. This annual report will reveal consumer opinions about video consumption across device platforms, provider perceptions and satisfaction levels with video services.
The Cloud Services Summit on Friday, October 26, will include ten sessions that provide broadband carriers with clarity and insight into the rise of cloud services technologies and their respective business opportunities. Chaired by Bernie Arnason, Managing Partner at Pivot Media, the Cloud Services Summit will kick off with a keynote presentation from Marc Hayden, Executive Vice President of CHR Solutions. It will feature industry thought leaders from Finley Engineering, Cisco, Verizon, ATIS, Parks Associates, VCE, Alteva, ITS Telecom, Twin Valley/ISG and others.
With both service and content providers seeking ways to monetize their multi-screen video offerings, advertising is emerging as a critical way to generate more revenue from the extra screens. This year’s Light Reading Cable Breakfast will see Alan Breznick of Heavy Reading chairing a panel focused on Targeting Ads in the Multi-Screen World. This session will explore different new ad insertion techniques, examine the technological options for delivering them, look at the new business models that made develop, and see what challenges must be overcome.
Recognizing the best companies, products and innovations within the video broadband ecosystem, winners in the fourth annual TelcoTV Vision Awards will be announced during keynote sessions.
Connect with TelcoTV
TelcoTV Mobile App: http://m.telcotvonline.com
TelcoTV is the industry’s largest conference and expo focused on broadband network service providers. Hosted by UBM TechWeb in partnership with NTCA (National Telecommunications Cooperative Association) and Light Reading (part of the Light Reading Communications Network), this annual event provides rural broadband network service providers across the U.S. with fast, actionable strategies to enhance the monetization of their investments in the face of increasing competition and decreasing government support. Now in its 11th year, TelcoTV is an increasingly popular forum for network operators and builders, equipment vendors and content providers to connect with their peers and share best practices. The event is hosted and led by the industry’s recognized experts delivering the latest critical business, technology and regulatory insights, along with opportunities to grow business and partnerships. TelcoTV 2012 sponsors include Calix, Adtran, CHR Solutions, Alcatel-Lucent, and Cisco.
About UBM TechWeb
UBM TechWeb the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs and IT managers, Web & Digital professionals, Software Developers, Government decision makers, and Telecom providers) actively engage in UBM TechWeb’s communities and information resources monthly. UBM TechWeb brands include: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Cloud Connect, Black Hat and Enterprise Connect; award-winning online resources such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, and Network Computing; and market-leading magazines InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, and Advanced Trading. UBM TechWeb is a part of UBM plc, one of the world’s largest media businesses as a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
The National Telecommunications Cooperative Association is the premier association representing more than 570 locally owned and controlled telecommunications cooperatives and commercial companies throughout rural and small-town America. NTCA provides its members with legislative, regulatory, and industry representation; meetings; publications and educational programs; and an array of employee benefit programs. Visit http://www.ntca.org for more information.
SOURCE UBM TechWeb