Top Mobile Operators and Leading 4G Industry Players to Take Center Stage at 4G World
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — At next week’s 4G World 2012 Conference and Expo, the only event covering the entire ecosystem of next-generation 4G mobile broadband technologies, top mobile industry thought leaders will come together to discuss the current status and future prospects of 4G technologies and applications. The annual 4G World Conference is being held from October 29 to November 1, 2012, at McCormick Place in Chicago. For more information or to register please visit http://www.4gworld.com/chicago/.
4G World promises to be the best place this Fall for the mobile industry to understand and debate the wide-reaching implications that the proposed T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS merger, and Softbank investment in Sprint, will have on the 4G industry in the United States.
Among the prominent keynote speakers will be:
- Chris Pearson, President of 4G Americas;
- Wim Sweldens, President, Alcatel-Lucent, Wireless Division;
- Kris Rinne, Senior Vice President, Network Technologies, AT&T Labs;
- Kelly Ahuja, Senior Vice President and GM Service Provider Mobility Group, Cisco;
- Erik Prusch, President and CEO, Clearwire;
- Dr. Vish Nandlall, CTO and Head of Marketing and Strategy, Ericsson North America;
- Ajit Pai, Commissioner of the Federal Communications Commission;
- Dr. Mohamed Madkour, CTO, Wireless Product Solutions, Huawei;
- Steve Price, General Manager, Communications and Storage Infrastructure Division, Intel;
- Brad Brooks, Vice President, Business Strategy and Marketing, Juniper Networks;
- Ken Wirth, Head of Americas Region, Nokia Siemens Networks;
- William Davidson, Senior V.P. of Global Marketing and Investor Relations, Qualcomm;
- IP Hong, Vice President, Telecom, and Head of Global Marketing, Samsung Electronics;
- Fared Adib, Senior Vice President of Product Development & Operations, Sprint;
- Mike Wright, Executive Director, Networks & Access Technologies, Telstra;
- Neville Ray, CTO, T-Mobile USA; and,
- Praveen Atreya, Director of Network Technology and Head, Verizon LTE Innovation Center.
Assessing the breadth and caliber of the line-up, Berge Ayvazian, 4G World Conference Chair observes: “We have an outstanding lineup of speakers from across the entire mobile ecosystem. They will focus on the most challenging issues and obstacles facing mobile broadband operators as they try to manage the cost of unbridled mobile traffic growth and capture new revenues to generate a return on their 4G infrastructure investments.”
Some of the most important topics facing the mobile broadband industry today will be addressed at 4G World. This includes:
- Disruptive Forces Re-Shaping Mobile Network Economies;
- The 1GB Revolution;
- Monetizing the Reality of Cloud Enabled Businesses;
- Re-inventing Business Models: The MC2 Event;
- Intelligence at the Edge and in the Cloud; and
- The Future of LTE – the Next Three Years.
In addition, 4G World will feature the highly anticipated Summit Series. Comprised of three concurrent tracks – Small Cell Summit, Mobile Cloud Summit and the Spectrum Summit – the Summit Series takes place on the first day of 4G World – Monday, October 29, 2012.
The Conference will also bring together top enterprise IT executives and mobile operators during Enterprise Thursday to discuss how companies are optimizing the latest 4G technologies and applications for profit. Enterprise Thursday will take place on the last day of the annual 4G World Conference – November 1, 2012.
Other highlights of 4G World 2012 include the Best of 4G Awards Ceremony on Monday, October 29 in the keynote room.
4G World is the only conference this fall where enterprises and operators will meet to discuss the state of the art of the mobile enterprise marketplace. For more information or to register, please visit http://www.4gworld.com/chicago/
Connect with 4G World
About 4G World
4G World is the first and only conference and expo covering the entire ecosystem of next-generation 4G technologies that enable the mobile Internet revolution, including mobile network infrastructure, advanced devices, applications and content. Owned and operated by UBM TechWeb, this show provides insight into the state of the industry today and explores forward-looking advancements that will affect operators within the mobile ecosystem in the years ahead. As a ubiquitous network takes hold in the mature markets of North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, operators are anticipating massive growth in broadband data usage and planning their network migration strategies and business models for monetizing mobile Internet services. 4G World offers attendees an opportunity to research state-of-the-practice business models and advanced mobile technologies, and learn from other operators about what works and what doesn’t, as they migrate their networks to 4G. For more information, visit www.4GWorld.com.
About UBM TechWeb
UBM TechWeb the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs and IT managers, Web & Digital professionals, Software Developers, Government decision makers, and Telecom providers) actively engage in UBM TechWeb’s communities and information resources monthly. UBM TechWeb brands include: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Cloud Connect, Black Hat and Enterprise Connect; award-winning online resources such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, and Network Computing; and market-leading magazines InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, and Advanced Trading. UBM TechWeb is a part of UBM plc, one of the world’s largest media businesses as a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
SOURCE UBM TechWeb