Centerplate Offers Championship Menu and the “Best Food in Baseball” for World Series at AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Centerplate, the largest event hospitality partner to North America’s premier sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment venues, celebrates the World Series home opener at AT&T Park tonight with specialty foods that include a replica taproom from San Francisco’s famous Anchor Brewery, a locally-sourced farmer’s market, and a brand new Super Dog from Chicago’s famous Eisenberg meats.
“We’re really excited to showcase the best food in baseball for fans that come from all over the country to watch this championship series,” said Bill Greathouse, Centerplate’s director at AT&T Park. “With our new hospitality programs, it’s all coming together to be a huge win for San Francisco – even before the Giants take the field.”
In San Francisco, food is a big part of what makes the city so special. Centerplate is bringing its A-Game for the Major League Baseball championship series with the iconic Crazy Crab’z sandwich — a generous helping of fresh Dungeness crab salad on garlic-toasted sourdough, served with an optional split of champagne that the New York Times called “arguably the best dish” in its baseball park tour — and the park’s renowned Garlic Fries. Other new additions include:
- Orlando’s Caribbean BBQ: The popular stand, home of the “Cha-Cha Bowl” and “Baby Bull Sandwich” will add a Cubano sandwich stuffed with pork loin, ham, Swiss cheese and pickles to its All-Star menu.
- Anchor Plaza & Tap Room: This new kiosk is designed after the Tap Room found at San Francisco’s very own Anchor Brewery.
- Edsel Ford Fongs: Fans can build their own rice bowl with shanghai noodles, seasonal vegetables, wok fried peppers, shitakes, chicken, Angus flank steak or fried tofu and a selection of sauces: lemongrass green curry, gingered teriyaki or a spicy honey glaze.
- Murph’s Pub: Named for legendary Giants Clubhouse Manager, Mike Murphy, new menu items include prawns and chips, chicken potpie and curry dusted sweet potato fries.
- Farmer’s Market: The Farmer’s Market stand on the Virgin America Club Level will feature locally grown items, seasonal veggies with house made dip and antipasti.
Centerplate also serves as the specialty retail partner for the San Francisco Giants and the company has geared up for the massive fan demand for World Series merchandise. The company assembled a team of high-level experts to oversee the logistical challenge of having the right items available in the right quantities for the series. With three times the number of sales locations for the World Series over a regular game, Centerplate has assured that every fan will have the opportunity to take home a memorable souvenir of their World Series experience.
To serve the expected sell out crowd of Giants fans, Centerplate will field its own all-star team of chefs, hospitality workers, and support staff from San Diego, Seattle, Tampa and Miami.
Centerplate crafts and delivers “Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results.” in over 250 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America – annually serving over 100 million guests. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 15 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 20 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. Last year, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/ hospitality group in the country by Nation’s Restaurant News. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com.