Erector® Spins Out Its Sonic(TM) The Hedgehog Collection
PARIS, Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Sonic enthusiasts everywhere will now be able to bring their favorite blue hedgehog and his world to life as they build model play sets and vehicles offered by Erector®, a division of Meccano®. The brand is set to release three buildable play sets and two buildable vehicles inspired by one of Sega’s most iconic video game characters of all time. Sonic the Hedgehog, who has appeared in more than 65 video games, will jump off the digital screen with the Erector sets that are available now exclusively at Toys ‘R’ Us and toysrus.com.
Fans can now build the most popular vehicles and video game environments from Sonic’s games with these highly detailed Erector sets featuring easy-to-follow instructions. The new Sonic the Hedgehog Erector collection features both Sonic and Knuckles, their signature speed racers, and their engaging environments:
- Sonic and Knuckles Chemical Plant Racing Tracks – Sonic and Knuckles go head to head in a race against one another at the Chemical Plant.
- Sonic and Green Hill Ramp Playset – Fans can cruise into the Green Hill Zone with Sonic and his Green Hill Ramp Playset as they construct Sonic’s car and playset to perform amazing stunts. The Sonic racing car features pull-back action to race along the buildable track and launch through a challenging stunt ring.
- Knuckles and Landbreaker – Kids can take Knuckles on the race of his life in his famous Landbreaker car from the Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing video game.
- Sonic and Casino Street Playset – Kids can enter into the Casino Zone world to perform amazing stunts as they build Sonic and his incredible Casino Street environment.
- Sonic and Speed Star - Now kids can build the iconic Speed Star car for fun and adventures of their own with Sonic the Hedgehog from the Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing video game.
The individual play sets can be combined for one awesome world of endless action and play and each comes complete with a Chaos Emerald to collect. Ranging in price from $14.99 to $79.99, for ages 5+, the models feature 20 to 160+ pieces and all models will include character figures, pull back motors, building instructions, stickers, and tools.
“Sonic the Hedgehog has such a huge following with generations of fans,” says Florence Pilard, Meccano marketing communications manager. “It’s so exciting to be able to put this legendary video game character into kids’ hands with Erector’s innovative construction play system.”
First introduced in 1913, the highly-valued Erector® brand was bought by the Meccano® company of France during the 1990s. In addition to reinvigorating the traditional construction system that made the Erector brand internationally famous, Erector/Meccano continually moves toward innovation with imaginative assembling systems it devises using the latest materials for modern creations. With its clever system of plastic parts that are easy to use, Erector/Meccano has always been able to keep up with and anticipate what children want in a toy through cutting-edge design and the integration of new technologies in its toys. With the brand Erector for the U.S. market, and Meccano for the rest of the world, the group has a presence in more than 50 countries and earns 70 percent of its revenue outside of France.
SEGA® of America, Inc.:
SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA® of America’s Web site is located at www.sega.com
©SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA, the SEGA logo and Sonic The Hedgehog are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved