Get Ready to Get GROSSED OUT! GROSSOLOGY: The Impolite Science of the Human Body
On Exhibit at Midland Center for the Arts January 26 – April 21, 2013
MIDLAND, Mich., Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Kids and adults will love discovering the science behind the slimy, mushy, oozy, and stinky things that occur every day in the human body at Grossology: The Impolite Science of the Human Body on display at the Alden B. Dow Museum of Science and Art January 26 – April 21, 2013. Visitors should prepare themselves for the good, the bad and the downright ugly about runny noses, body odor and much more!
“This is science in disguise,” says Ms. Branzei, a microbiologist and educator. “If we teach students in their own words, they’ll understand better and actually learn something.”
At Grossology visitors will explore fun, interactive activities, including:
- Take a “Tour du Nose” to learn how your nose acts as an air filter, a smell sensor and mucus producer.
- Mimic the buildup of acid indigestion by causing the “Burp Machine” to release a giant belch.
- Play the pinball game “Gas Attack” by scoring off bumpers dressed up as food items that cause gas.
- Use virtual reality to explore the role of the kidney in “Urine: The Game.”
- Take a ride on the GI slide.
- Climb a large-scale replica of human skin.
- And discover other mysterious ways your body’s biology does what it needs to do to keep you healthy!
Grossology: The Impolite Science of the Human Body is on display January 26 – April 23, 2013, at the Alden B. Dow Museum in Midland Center for the Arts, 1801 West Saint Andrews road, Midland, MI. Open Wednesday – Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Thursdays 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sundays 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Museum admission is $9 for adults; $6 for ages 4 to 14; FREE for ages 3 and under and Museum members. Sponsored by The Dow Chemical Company, Dow Corning Corporation, Quick Reliable Printing and ZENTX Media Group.
SPECIAL EVENT: GROSSFEST!
Join us in the Museum on Saturday, February 2, 2013 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. for an afternoon filled with fun Grossology activities, refreshments, games and prizes! Perfect for budding “Grossologists” of all ages! GROSSFEST activity bracelets are $3, plus Museum admission.
Grossology Exhibition produced by Advanced Animations LLC., in collaboration with Science World British Columbia.
SOURCE Midland Center for the Arts