Allrecipes Revolutionizes How-To Recipe Videos And Inspires Home Cooks With Two New Apps For Windows 8 Tablets And PCs
SEATTLE, Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Allrecipes.com, the world’s #1 digital food brand with more than 1 billion annual visits, today launched the Allrecipes and Allrecipes Video Cookbook apps for Windows 8 tablets and PCs, offering the best of Allrecipes.com in the new, intuitive and personalized Windows user interface.
Based on feedback from the Allrecipes.com community, Allrecipes Video Cookbook was optimized for learning as you go, which instills confidence in the kitchen. Unlike any other cooking videos, the recipe directions are displayed prominently alongside and synched with the videos for easy cross-referencing while cooking. Users can pause, skip and go back simply by touching or clicking the corresponding step in the recipe. See this feature in action in this brief video.
Allrecipes has seen a 13% overall growth in traffic this year, which includes nearly 18% of page views coming from mobile devices. According to Allrecipes’ annual Holiday Attitudes and Behaviors survey, 36% of home cooks plan to use video during Thanksgiving and Christmas for recipe inspiration and cooking help. With its revolutionized step-by-step video cooking tutorials, Allrecipes Video Cookbook provides home cooks across the country with dynamic content and unbeatable utility, just in time for the busy holiday season.
The Allrecipes and Allrecipes Video Cookbook apps allow users to easily browse more than 40,000 recipe ideas and 700 videos, and receive new seasonally-relevant recipe ideas through tiles right from the Start screen. Additionally, when the app is snapped, home cooks can multi-task without leaving the apps, by displaying the recipes or videos in one-third or two-thirds view.
“Our products are designed to offer a seamless experience when and where our community of 25 million home cooks need it,” says Kelly Kolb, Vice President of Product at Allrecipes. “The innovative design of Windows 8 combined with the cutting-edge utility of our new apps will make meal planning and cooking a richer experience.”
“We are thrilled to see Allrecipes apps on Windows 8, delivering dynamic food and cooking content for our shared consumers,” said John Richards, Senior Director of Windows Apps Marketing for Microsoft Corp.
Video Cookbook App Features
- More than 700 high-quality how-to cooking videos from the popular web shows Food Wishes and Recipes in Motion, with more videos added every week
- Recipe directions displayed prominently alongside and synched with video for easy reference while cooking
- Videos organized by dish type, with a “Featured” section for seasonally-relevant recipe ideas
- Expanded, full screen layout features the video, recipe details, nutritional information, ratings and reviews in a clean, intuitive cookbook-like format
Allrecipes App Features
- More than 40,000 recipes arranged in an infinite scroll to search, save, share, and serve
- Search for recipes by ingredients, or browse by dish type or dietary preference
- Expanded, full screen layout features recipe details, photos, nutritional information, ratings and reviews in a clean, intuitive cookbook-like format
- Links to the top recipes across other Meredith properties such as Better Homes and Gardens, Family Circle and Parents. Visit the Windows Store to download the free Allrecipes and Allrecipes Video Cookbook apps. For more information including screenshots and videos, visit our Press Room.
Allrecipes, the world’s largest digital food brand, receives more than 1 billion annual visits from family-focused women who connect and inspire one another through photos, reviews, videos and blog posts. Since its launch in 1997, the Seattle-based social site has served as a dynamic, indispensable resource for cooks of all skill levels seeking trusted recipes, entertaining ideas, everyday and holiday meal solutions and practical cooking tips. Allrecipes is a global, multiplatform brand providing insights into the lives of women everywhere based on activity from 18 websites, 18 mobile sites, 9 mobile apps, and 14 eBooks serving 23 countries in 12 languages. Allrecipes is part of Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP), the leading media and marketing company serving American women. For additional information regarding Meredith (NYSE: MDP), please visit www.meredith.com. For additional information regarding Allrecipes, please visit http://press.allrecipes.com.
Media Contact: Jenn Davis Lana Odintsova Communications Manager, Product Communications Manager, Video firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com 206-576-3376 206-576-3338