Third child sexual abuse claim made against Elmo puppeteer, filed by attorney Jeff Herman
NEW YORK, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ —
WHAT: Attorney JEFF HERMAN (www.hermanlaw.com), a nationally-recognized attorney for victims of sexual abuse, announces the filing of a lawsuit against KEVIN CLASH for the sexual abuse of a 16-year-old boy. Herman will also release excerpts from a manuscript, written by John Doe in 2009. The manuscript details the sexual encounters of John Doe and the character, “Mr. Tickles”.
According to the Complaint:
- When John Doe, the alleged victim in this case, was just 16 years old and attending high school, he went on a gay chat line to meet friends who were also gay. John specifically stated his intention on the chat line as non-sexual.
- John was contacted through the chat line by Kevin Clash, who said his name was Craig and he was 30 years old. Kevin Clash was approximately 40 years old at the time. John and Kevin spoke on the phone for a couple of days and Kevin invited John to come to his apartment in Manhattan.
- In his apartment, Kevin Clash gave John alcohol and groomed him. Kevin Clash and John engaged in sexual contact, including oral sex and digital penetration of John’s anus. This was John’s first sexual experience of this type.
- While in Kevin Clash’s apartment, John saw numerous Elmo dolls and photographs of Elmo with famous people such as Beyonce and Tyra Banks.
- Over the next year, Clash kept in touch with John. When John graduated high school, he moved to New York City. Kevin Clash engaged in a sexual relationship with John once he was living in New York City, after he had turned 18 years old.
The victim’s attorney, Jeff Herman, said: “According to our lawsuit, Kevin Clash secretly trolled gay chat lines, preying on teenage boys to satisfy his sexual interests.”
D.O. v. Kevin Clash (Case No. 2012-CV-08578) was filed in the Southern District Court of New York early Tuesday morning.
TODAY, November 27th, 2012, 1:00pm, at Hilton New York
1335 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS, NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 10019
Concourse B (downstairs from lobby)
WHO: The victim’s attorney, Jeff Herman will release excerpts of a manuscript, written by John Doe in 2009. The manuscript details the sexual encounter of John Doe and the character, “Mr. Tickles”.
CONTACT: Kayla Repan 561-302-1692; email@example.com
SOURCE Jeff Herman