Catastrophic Injuries Congress to be held at Andrews Institute Injuries in Football Conference
Featuring NFL and NCAA Football Sports Medicine Experts
GULF BREEZE, Fla., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Renowned orthopaedic and sports medicine experts from across the country will speak at the eighth annual Andrews Institute Injuries in Football Conference, February 28 – March 2 at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in Destin, Fla. This year’s event will also include the first-ever Catastrophic Injuries Congress offering attendees an in-depth look at tragic sports-related injuries and an opportunity to shape the future of how these injuries are handled.
Speakers will include representatives from the National Football League (NFL) and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The conference will focus on acquainting athletic trainers, sport medicine physicians, physical therapists, and other industry professionals with assessment, treatment and functional rehabilitation of medical and musculoskeletal problems in football. The conference offers a maximum of 18.75 CME/CEU credits.
Featured speakers include:
- James R. Andrews, M.D., Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
- Kevin E. Wilk, PT, DPT, Champion Sports Medicine
- Ron Courson, ATC, PT, NREMT-I, CSCS, University of Georgia Athletic Association
- Mike Ryan, PT, ATC, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Scottie Patton, ATC, Heath Athletic Trainer, New Orleans Saints
- Julian E. Bailes, M.D., NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Larry Hess, MPT, ATC/LCES, CES, CSCS, Washington Redskins
- Todd A. Toriscelli, M.S., ATC, CSCS, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Joe Van Allen, PT, ATC, New England Patriots
- James M. Whalen, ATC, New England Patriots
For a complete list of speakers, check out the schedule online at TheAndrewsInstitute.com.
“Our goal is to talk about what we can do today to take care of our football athletes tomorrow,” said James R. Andrews, M.D . Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine. “With the vast amount of research, knowledge and experience available at this conference, we plan to develop programs and procedures for sports medicine experts and football players at all levels.”
To register or for more information about the 2013 Injuries in Football Conference, go online to TheAndrewsInstitute.com or call 850.916.8575.
CONTACT: Ashley Chisholm
SOURCE Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine