AdRoll Triples Revenue, Surpasses $50M Run Rate in 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — AdRoll, the most widely-adopted retargeting platform, announced today that it tripled revenue in 2012 while maintaining profitability. AdRoll also expanded key teams in 2012, including engineering and product and added an average of 600 new customers a month.
AdRoll’s impressive growth was made possible by five years of development and investment in an industry-leading, massively-scalable SaaS platform, which has allowed the company to optimally serve brands of all sizes. Brands can use the AdRoll platform themselves to run sophisticated and highly-effective retargeting campaigns, or leverage AdRoll’s full service account management team to assist with strategy, execution, and optimization. This unique approach enabled the company to add thousands of new customers from every major vertical in 2012, including retail, technology, media/entertainment and finance, while maintaining a 97% customer retention rate.
Additionally, AdRoll’s devotion to product innovation was instrumental to its 2012 growth. In June, AdRoll became one of a select group of companies granted access to Facebook Exchange, allowing advertisers to re-engage their website audience on Facebook for the very first time. Since then, the company has managed over a thousand retargeting campaigns on FBX for 700+ customers and rolled out LiquidAds on FBX, an extension of AdRoll’s proprietary dynamic ad product.
“The key to our growth has been our focus on product,” said Aaron Bell, CEO at AdRoll. “Marketers are starting to realize the value of their data. It makes sense for them to run retargeting with a platform that offers full transparency and control.”
AdRoll grew its staff from 40 in January 2012, to just over 120 by December, adding talent from companies like Google, Facebook, and Twitter. Having recently opened an NYC office, the company will continue to expand this year, adding new offices and staff in key markets both domestically and internationally. AdRoll’s downtown San Francisco headquarters, dubbed ShangRolla, will expand by adding a new floor and a mezzanine level in February, totaling 29,000 square feet.
2012 Momentum Highlights:
- Revenue: AdRoll surpassed a $50M run rate in 2012, tripling revenue since the close of 2011.
- Customers: AdRoll added more than 600 new customers a month on average in 2012, and maintained a 97 percent customer retention rate.
- Innovation: AdRoll continued its devotion to product innovation, as the first company to announce the availability of a dynamic ad product, LiquidAds, on FBX.
- Staff: Team size increased from 40 in January of 2012, to just over 120 in December. AdRoll welcomed talent from companies like Google, Facebook and Twitter.
- Funding: In July, AdRoll announced $15M in new funding, led by Foundation Capital.
- Recognition: AdRoll’s exponential growth was recognized by Inc. magazine in August, when it was named the fastest-growing advertising company in the country on the publication’s annual Inc. 500 list. AdRoll was also named the fastest-growing company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in September.
AdRoll is the most widely adopted retargeting platform with over 5,000+ active advertisers in the US and around the world. With a 97% customer retention rate, our mission is to make powerful performance advertising techniques simple for businesses of all sizes. AdRoll’s SaaS platform provides unmatched transparency, cross-platform reach across the largest display inventory sources, and innovative tools that personalize ad campaigns based on a visitor’s shopping behavior. AdRoll’s innovative and easy-to-use platform enables brands to collect, analyze and act on valuable site data, ensuring maximum return on their online advertising investment.
The company is backed by leading investors such as Foundation Capital, Accel Partners, Merus Capital, and Peter Thiel. For more information, please visit www.adroll.com.
Contact: Erin Lockhart, firstname.lastname@example.org