ALS Reviewed by NeuroPerspective
CARDIFF, Calif., Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — NI Research has released the February issue of NeuroPerspective. The issue features a comprehensive review of ALS, and the continuing but frustrating search for a genuinely useful treatment for the treatment of this devastating illness.
“Just as Alzheimer’s slowly erases memory and personality, ALS gradually destroys muscle control, leaving patients almost invariably doomed to death from respiratory failure. The Phase III failure of Biogen-Idec/Knopp‘s dexpramipexole has provided yet another reminder of how difficult it has been to achieve any headway against ALS,” said Harry Tracy, Ph.D., editor and publisher of NeuroPerspective.
The 21-page issue includes:
1) An overview of the pathophysiology of ALS; a reconsideration of SOD1 anomalies in recapitulating phenotype rather than genotype; and the growing interest in therapeutic approaches that address immunoreactive and inflammatory factors.
2) Programs covered in the review include those from Biogen-Idec and Isis Pharmaceuticals, Neuraltus, Newron, NeuralStem, BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics, Cambria Pharmaceuticals, Regenesance, Amorfix, KineMed, and Cytokinetics, plus many others. The prominent role of ALS TDI in ALS research is noted, as is its intriguing program assessing the potential value of Novartis‘ Gilenya as an ALS therapeutic.
3) Other coverage and commentary in the February issue includes:
- Genentech‘s licensing of the Afraxis PAK program
- Executive Turbulence at AstraZeneca and EnVivo Pharmaceuticals
- Teva and Tire Irons: The Risk of Going MAD
A brief summary review of Regenesance, developing therapeutics for disorders associated with complement activation.
The February issue of NeuroPerspective is being made available as a single-issue purchase: $150.
Further information and online purchasing with immediate delivery are available at http://www.niresearch.com/onlinestore.html
About NI Research
NI Research is the leading publisher of independent research on the neurotherapeutics industry, and has developed an unmatched information base regarding both publicly and privately held CNS companies. NeuroPerspective (formerly NeuroInvestment) is the authoritative, independent, monthly review of the neurotherapeutics area, providing critical analysis of therapeutics-in-development.
A one-year subscription to NeuroPerspective is $2,300.
NI Research also publishes NeuroLicensing, the Private CNS Company Review, and NeuroSynopsis, a monthly four-page summary of highlights from NeuroPerspective. NIR also provides consulting services to the pharma industry regarding licensing and strategic planning.
SOURCE NI Research