Sony Entertainment Network’s Music Unlimited Service Now Live In Mexico
The Cloud-Based Digital Music Service Is Now Available in 18 Countries Worldwide
FOSTER CITY, Calif., March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Sony Network Entertainment International today announced that the company’s cloud-based digital music subscription service, Music Unlimited, is now live in Mexico. Available in 18 countries across the world, the Music Unlimited service offers on-demand access to an ever-expanding global catalog of over 18 million licensed tracks(1) from all major and many leading independent labels across an array of devices including PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, PlayStation®Vita portable entertainment systems, Android(TM) smartphones and tablets, iPhone®, PCs, and many more.
“We know music fans in Mexico have been waiting for our high quality subscription service for some time so we’re thrilled to bring them the Music Unlimited service,” said Michael Aragon, Vice President and General Manager of Global Digital Video and Music Services at Sony Network Entertainment International. “Beyond instant access to the latest hits, the Music Unlimited service enhances music discovery delivering access to every music genre — all for about the monthly price of a single album.”
Through the Access (USD$4.49)(2) and Premium (USD$8.99)(3) monthly subscription plans, the Music Unlimited service allows customers to enjoy a unified digital music experience across multiple devices in the home and on the go. Whether customers enjoy music from their libraries, personal playlists, or pre-programmed channels, the Music Unlimited service follows them to any destination without the hassle of syncing or signing into multiple accounts.
The Music Unlimited Service Features:
- The Music Unlimited service is a cloud-based streaming service with no digital files, so there is no need to sync a device. Customers can access the library of licensed music anywhere, anytime on any PC (Windows or Mac OS), Android mobile devices including Sony Xperia(TM) smartphones and tablets, Apple’s iPhone and iPod® touch, PlayStation 3 (PS3(TM)) computer entertainment systems, PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) portable entertainment systems, Sony BRAVIA® HDTVs, Blu-ray Disc(TM) devices, and Sony Walkman®.
- With an always-growing global library of over 18 million licensed tracks including all of the major labels and many independent and local labels, the Music Unlimited service gives access to the latest hits, local favorites, and timeless classics.
- Designed for easy management and discovery, the Music Unlimited service features pre-selected music channels based on genre, era, or mood. Customers can build personal playlists, add a playlist based on their favorite artist, or add music to their libraries across any compatible device.
- The Music Unlimited service is always available even if a network isn’t(4). With the offline playback feature for Android devices and PS Vita, customers can listen to select songs added to offline playlists when not online, insuring that they’re never caught without a soundtrack.
- Customers can rest assured that their listening enjoyment will never be interrupted by advertisements or the inability to skip unwanted songs.
With the addition of Mexico, the Music Unlimited service is available in 18 countries including (in order of launch): United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Canada, Belgium, Netherlands, and Japan.
Working with Omnifone to license music with rights holders in Mexico and across the world, the Music Unlimited service delivers instant access to local and global hits as well as a deep catalog of tracks including classics, one hit wonders, and just about everything else.
About the Music Unlimited service
The Music Unlimited service is a cloud-based digital music service that hosts a global catalog of over 18 million licensed songs including all major US labels, leading independent labels, and major publishers worldwide. Originally launched in December 2010, the Music Unlimited service is available on a wide range of Sony and non-Sony connected devices. With its breadth of available devices and regional reach, along with the depth of its music catalog, the Music Unlimited service is the ultimate music subscription service for users who want to play their music whenever and wherever. For more information, please visit: http://sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/music-unlimited.
About Sony Entertainment Network
Sony Entertainment Network is the ultimate destination for digital music, movies, games and more. All through the convenience of a single account, Sony Entertainment Network is a global comprehensive network platform that unifies Sony’s digital entertainment experience across a growing ecosystem of Sony and non-Sony devices. Additional information about Sony Entertainment Network can be found by visiting: blog.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, www.facebook.com/sonyentertainment, and www.twitter.com/sonyentnet.
Robin Schultz Greg Belloni Voce Communications Sony Network Entertainment 650-291-7809 650-295-6446 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Number of tracks available from catalog varies by country and may be less. 2 Access subscription is USD$4.99 (US customers), CAD$4.99, BPS4.99, EUR4.99, DKK 49.00, NOK 49.00, SEK 49.00, AU$7.99, and NZ$8.49 per month (Access subscription tier is not available in Japan). 3 Premium subscription is USD$9.99 (US customers), CAD$9.99, BPS9.99, EUR9.99, DKK89.00, NOK 89.00, SEK 89.00, AU$12.99, NZ$13.99, and JPY 980 per month 4 Select devices only.
SOURCE Sony Network Entertainment International