Business Bolts Announces Findings of 2013 SEO Study Aimed at Examining Google SERPs
THORNTON, Colo., March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — BusinessBolts.com published the findings of their 2013 SEO study examining backlinks, content metrics, and social signals. The study was conducted to find trends in the Google algorithm to help online businesses understand how to achieve high rankings.
One hundred random keyphrases were selected for use in the study. Data collectors found the top 5 results in Google for each of the keyphrases yielding a study size of 500 web pages.
On-site factors including the full URL, title tag, headline, body copy word count, images, videos, and characteristics of subheadings in relation to keyphrases were collected.
Several linking factors including referred domains and social signals were also examined.
Here’s a small sample of the findings:
- The number of backlinks increased five-fold as the position in Google SERPs increased.
- The body copy of high ranking pages was an average of 900 words.
- Few of the high ranking pages included video (approximately 1 out of every 10).
- The high ranking web pages used keyphrases sparingly in the body copy.
- Internal web pages dominate the top rankings.
- A correlation exists between social signals (Tweets, Facebook likes, and Facebook shares) and the web pages involved in the study.
According to Lisa Parmley, founder of Business Bolts, “Small businesses struggle with SEO and are truly desperate to unlock the secrets of the Google algorithm. Our study analyzes a few important characteristics of high ranking websites so small business owners know what to focus their time on.”
Ms. Parmley also suggests more research should be performed instead of relying on the untested claims made by many SEO firms.
For more information visit:
About Business Bolts
BusinessBolts.com launched in July 2012 and continues to grow its library of helpful content and resources. Lisa Parmley launched her first online business in 2001. She started BusinessBolts.com as a way to share her knowledge with an audience of entrepreneurs and small business owners. The vision of BusinessBolts.com is one of service and success.
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Business Bolts