Authors Of Healthcare at a Turning Point Discuss How To Enact Real Reform
PHOENIX, March 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — In their new book, Healthcare at a Turning Point, Dr. Rita Numerof and Michael Abrams examine the state of healthcare, why it is failing, and how to fix it.
In minutes, these experts can explain:
- The single most important factor driving healthcare inflation, and what successful reform of the system requires that’s currently missing
- Why accountable care organizations are more likely to damage our healthcare system further than to result in lower costs or better quality
- What the implications of the current reform path are for healthcare innovation in the US
- What the unanticipated consequences of the current approach to reform are likely to look like
- Why a market-based approach to healthcare reform is the key to genuine change
Dr. Numerof and Mr. Abrams will be in Phoenix April 3, and are available for meetings and interviews.
About Dr. Rita Numerof
An internationally recognized consultant, Rita works in dynamic industries like healthcare that are challenged to develop new business models to adapt to major market changes. Rita’s expertise has helped a wide range of leading companies to fundamentally reshape and execute new strategy. Her global cross-industry perspective and expertise in strategy execution are the basis for objective counsel that leading executives tap into on a regular basis. She is widely published in business journals and has authored five books, including Healthcare at a Turning Point: A Roadmap for Change.
About Michael Abrams
Over the past 25 years, Michael has built a portfolio of strategy and business performance successes as both an internal and external consultant for Fortune 500 corporations on a global basis. Michael is well known for his expertise in the emerging demand for economic and clinical value, and has helped clients develop processes and capabilities to successfully compete in highly dynamic markets. Michael has written extensively on the need for integrated, systemic solutions to the challenges facing the healthcare industry, and has co-authored two books, including Healthcare at a Turning Point: A Roadmap for Change.