DREAM YOSACOY MATSURI, New Festival of Tokyo, Japan, to Be Held in Times Square of New York City for First Time
- Video announcements of DREAM YOSACOY MATSURI on Toshiba Vision Screens in Times Square in advance and on April 28 -
TOKYO, April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — The Dream Yosacoy Festival Committee will hold “DREAM YOSACOY MATSURI” in Times Square of New York City, which is a sister city of Tokyo, for the first time. Dreams of Japan will be sent out from New York, the cultural center of the world.
We will also contribute to “people’s activation” especially through this festival. We will be pleased if U.S.-Japan exchange becomes more active aiming at the promotion of mutual understanding of U.S.-Japan culture.
– Title/DREAM YOSACOY MATSURI in New York
– Time and date/April 28, 2013 (Sunday) 11:00 – 14:00
– Place/Broadway Plazas 45th-46th ST, Times Square, New York, USA (in front of New York Marriott Marquis)
– Participants/4 Japanese yosacoy dance teams and 1 New York yosacoy dance team (total 5 teams/60persons)
– Contents/Yosacoy dance performance by each Japanese and American yosacoy dance team, spectator participatory-type yosacoy dance performance experience corner, other related events
– Sponsor/Dream Yosacoy Festival Committee
– With cooperation of Toshiba Corporation, New York Marriott Marquis, American Airlines, JTB Corporate Sales Inc., FCI-NY, M & W International (USA), Inc., P&V Enterprises, Hamaso, HALS
– Support/New York City, Consulate General of Japan in New York, Japan Tourism Agency, JNTO, Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry, TCVB
– Remarks/No charge for admission, held even if it rains
About Dream Yosacoy Festival Committee
The Dream Yosacoy Festival Committee is a citizens’ organization holding “Dream Yosacoy Matsuri” every year in autumn in the Odaiba and Marunouchi areas in Tokyo, which is a sister city of New York. It’s a dancing festival, and performers dance in original costumes and music. We also have an instrument called “naruko (clapper)” in both hands; it’s a symbol of the festival.Built on the concept of “Disseminate Tokyo dreams to the world”, last year marked the 11th year of the festival in Tokyo. There were 7,000 performing dancers (100 teams), and the audience was more than 500,000. This is one of the biggest festivals in Tokyo now.
SOURCE Dream Yosacoy Festival Committee