Primary Research Group has published Library Use of the Mega Internet Sites, 2013 Edition, ISBN 978-157440-241-4
Survey looks at how libraries are using YouTube, Pinterest, Google, eBay, Amazon, Instagram, Vimeo, Twitter, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Facebook, Blogger.com,Wikipedia, Tumblr and many other leading internet sites and services.
(PRWEB) May 23, 2013
The study looks closely at how libraries are using Google, Pinterest, Yahoo, Facebook, YouTube, Wikipedia, Amazon, Bing, Instagram, Vimeo, Twitter, Ebay and many other major internet sites. Just a few of the findings from the study are that:
- 4.17% of the libraries have workshops which teach patrons to use Craigslist
- 25% of the libraries sampled give workshops on how to use Wikipedia
- 90% of college libraries sampled give workshops on how to use Google Scholar.
- A third of legal and corporate libraries sampled considered Google Translate to be “highly useful”.
- Nearly 43% of libraries with an annual budget of more than $1 million considered Bing to be “highly useful”.
- The mean number of subscribers to the Twitter accounts of the libraries in the sample was 323.
- Non-USA libraries were much more likely than US-libraries to consider MySpace useful.
- About 23% of the libraries sampled had a YouTube account.
- Public libraries in the sample spent a mean of $8,000 ordering books from Amazon in the past year.
- 12.5% of libraries sampled use FlickR in their professional work.
The 160+ page study is available from Primary Research Group for $72.00. A pdf version of the report is currently available and a print version will be ready to ship on June 5, 2013 and can be ordered now. Site licenses are also available. Our reports can also be ordered through major book and Ebook distributors, as well as through major research report distributors. For a table of contents, list of participants, and free excerpt, or to place an order, visit our website at http://www.PrimaryResearch.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/5/prweb10760896.htm