TeleCommunication Systems GEM9-1-1 Recognized as Gold Winner in 2013 Network Products Guide Hot Companies and Best Products Awards
GEM9-1-1 Recognized for Innovation in IT Products and Services for Government Category
ANNAPOLIS, Md., June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that Network Products Guide, an industry-leading technology research and advisory guide, has recognized GEM9-1-1(TM), TCS’ geospatial emergency management platform,as a Gold winner of the 8(th) Annual 2013 Hot Companies and Best Products Awards in the IT Products and Services for Government category.
- In an emergency where networks are overloaded, the caller is hearing impaired, or in a noise-sensitive situation, the secure, web-based TCS GEM9-1-1 service allows the public safety answering point (PSAP) telecommunicator to respond to text messages from the public via a two-way text session.
- GEM9-1-1 provides full text-session management, a graphical and detailed location display and a multi-telecommunicator interface that allows the entire group of PSAP personnel to interface with and manage a pool of text messages from the public.
- TCS delivers the GEM9-1-1 portal free to all PSAPs as a public service.
- For incoming text messages, GEM9-1-1 includes access to a TCS Smart911 data repository, also at no charge to the PSAP.
- PSAPs can act immediately upon the data included in the text sender’s Smart911 profile, providing necessary information to dispatched firefighters, law enforcement or medical personnel for a more efficient emergency response.
TCS Safety & Security Group Senior Vice President and General Manager Chris Nabinger said: “TCS is committed to advancing the future of communications through innovation with next generation emergency response solutions such as GEM9-1-1. It is an honor to have our efforts recognized by an influential industry organization.”
- TCS GEM9-1-1: http://goo.gl/blzl9
- TCS Smart911: http://goo.gl/uiCPJ
- White Paper: TCS thought leadership on Text to 9-1-1: A PSAP Perspective: http://goo.gl/sVy0s
- Press Release: TeleCommunication Systems Announces Support for FCC, Carriers’ Commitment to Implement Text to 9-1-1 Technology Nationwide – http://goo.gl/vI2gc
- Press Release: TeleCommunication Systems Launches First National End-to-End Suite of Next Generation 9-1-1 Emergency Communication Solutions – http://goo.gl/NKmFp
- Press Release: TeleCommunication Systems Supports ATIS/TIA Interim Text to 9-1-1 Solution for Emergency Text Communication – http://goo.gl/LlunY
- Video: TCS CTO Drew Morin discusses Frederick County, Maryland SMS9-1-1 deployment – http://goo.gl/LtSVL
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS’ cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
TCS Contact: Media Contact: Investor Relations: TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. Nadel Phelan, Inc. Liolios Group, Inc. Meredith Allen Graham Sorkin Scott Liolios 410-295-1865 831-440-2406 949-574-3860 Mallen@telecomsys.com email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.