Chinook Book® launches nation’s first mobile grocery manufacturer coupons for natural and organic brands at PCC Natural Markets
Top natural brands Mrs. Meyer’s, Choice Organic Tea, Evolution Fresh participate in pilot
SEATTLE, June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Chinook Book, in partnership with PCC Natural Markets and eleven product brands, today launched the nation’s first mobile grocery manufacturer coupons for natural and organic products. Using the popular Chinook Book mobile app, the coupons are initially available in the Seattle/Puget Sound area for redemption at all nine PCC Natural Markets stores.
“PCC is happy to support our long-time partner Chinook Book on their launch of a mobile coupon program for manufacturers. We believe Chinook Book has created a mobile platform that will make this process much easier for consumers, and we are happy to be the test retailer,” said Laurie Albrecht, Director of Marketing at PCC Natural Markets.
Initially launched in 2010, the mobile Chinook Book was built off a successful print edition and contains several hundred retail coupons for green and local businesses. Now with over 100,000 users in 5 metro areas, Chinook Book is the leading provider of mobile coupons for the healthy lifestyle consumer.
“The future of the coupon is your mobile device,” said Nik Blosser, President of Celilo Group Media, the company behind Chinook Book. “Making manufacturer coupons available on your smartphone is a game-changer for the natural foods shopper and the industry at large.”
Shoppers in Seattle can receive the free mobile product coupons by doing the following:
- Download the free Chinook Book app onto your Android, iPhone, iPod touch or iPad device (note: currently not available for Windows or Blackberry devices)
- Select the Seattle/Puget Sound market and create a free account.
- The manufacturer coupons will automatically load in.
Participating natural and organic product brands are:
- Caffe Ladro, $1 off one bag of coffee
- Choice Organic Tea: $1 off any boxed product
- Coconut Bliss: $1 off any product
- Dave’s Killer Bread: $1 off any product
- Evolution Fresh: $1 off any bottle of fresh cold-pressed juice
- Lundberg Family Farms: $1 off any package of organic rice cakes
- Mary’s Gone Crackers: $1 off any product
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day: $1 off any product
- Theo Chocolate: 75 c off any product
- Woodstock: $1 off any frozen fruit or vegetable
- Zevia: $1 off a 6 pack of cans or 4 pack of glass bottles, any flavor
The coupons are valid through August 31, 2013 and are redeemable initially only at the nine PCC Natural Markets stores. Additional grocers will begin accepting Chinook Book mobile manufacturer coupons in late summer.
About Celilo Group Media & Chinook Book (Celilo)
Celilo Group Media is a media and technology company headquartered in Portland, Ore. The company’s flagship product is the Chinook Book, produced in both print and mobile editions in Seattle/Puget Sound, Portland, the San Francisco Bay Area, Denver and Minneapolis. Chinook Book contains localized resources for healthy living and hundreds of coupons for savings at the best green and local businesses. Celilo is a certified B Corporation. For more information, visit http://www.chinookbook.net.
About PCC Natural Markets (PCC)
Headquartered in Seattle, Wash., PCC Natural Markets is a certified organic retail cooperative with annual sales of nearly $180 million and an active membership of more than 50,000 households. PCC operates nine stores in the Seward Park, View Ridge, Greenlake, West Seattle, Fremont, Kirkland, Redmond, Edmonds and Issaquah neighborhoods. For more information, visit http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com.
SOURCE Chinook Book