United Planners Financial Services Holds Annual Partners’ Conference
“Success…Succeed…Succession” is the Theme of the Day
PHOENIX, June 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — United Planners Financial Services (UP), a national RIA and independent broker-dealer partnership with more than 350 advisors nationwide, hosted its annual conference at Scottsdale’s Talking Stick Resort, May 30 – June 2, 2013.
“With 188 advisors and 38 sponsors in attendance, the conference was our biggest ever,” said UP President Dave Shindel. “Our advisors look forward to the event as they would a family reunion, in addition to knowing that they will hear from some of the leading industry thinkers.”
The conference agenda was tailored to address the changes that are common among independent financial service professionals as their practices grow and mature. Although each practice is unique, there are common challenges that all experience throughout the life cycle of a firm. The goal of the conference was to address several of these issues to better prepare advisors for the “success, succeed, succession” stages.
Among the conference highlights:
- Pre-conference meeting of the UP Limited Partners, who gather each year to discuss practice management and business development issues and to provide feedback for the UP General Partners on current and proposed initiatives
- Technology presentations and advisor panels led by United Planners’ Aaron Spradlin, VP, Information Techology, and Billy Oliverio, VP, Investment Advisory Services, explaining the comprehensive integrations available to UP advisors, ensuring that they have all of the best tools to help them run efficient businesses
- Introduction of the UP LEAPS program – Legacy, Exit and Acquisition Planning Solutions, conducted by Sheila Cuffari-Agasi, VP, Partner Development, and David Grau, Jr., president of Succession Resource Group
- Bill Riccio, AVP, ERISA Plans, with an update on the UP Retirement Professionals Network, an exclusive association of retirement plan advisors and wealth management advisors who share best practices and develop business alliances to better service plan clients at both the plan and participant levels
- Ed Slott, speaking to advisors about how best to set up IRAs so that payouts can be distributed as intended, and what one can and cannot do relative to the new 2013 tax laws
- Continuing Education session about beneficiaries, a perfect tie-in to Slott’s presentation
- Sponsor Roundtables, which provided an opportunity for attendees to learn how product and service providers could support them
- Investment advisory workshops, including strategic outsourcing and money manager due diligence which was addressed by Barry Mendelson, Capital Markets Consultants
- Mark Zinder on “What Happens Next,” a presentation designed to help attendees understand the cycles of the technology revolution and see the world in a different, more positive way
United Planners also hosted their annual awards ceremony, recognizing advisors’ achievements in various categories. The 2012 Partnership of the Year Award for Excellence went to Peter Keating and his firm, Keating Financial Services in Columbia, Maryland. The Home Office Employee of the Year Award went to Victoria Bibbins, Compensation Assistant.
“This is a relationship business on many levels,” said Shindel, “and United Planners is all about relationships. Through our smart partnering – or ‘smartnering’ – approach, we bring together advisors, employees, strategic partners, sponsors and wholesalers to celebrate success and plan for the future in an environment of transparency, honesty and camaraderie.”
About United Planners
United Planners Financial Services (member FINRA, SIPC) is an SEC Registered Investment Advisory firm and full-service independent broker-dealer partnership serving hybrid advisors who want to be a part of “something more” since 1987. United Planners is uniquely structured as a Limited Partnership, providing voting rights and ownership opportunities to a select group of financial advisors.
Redefining independence in the financial services industry for over 25 years, United Planners has strategic relationships with a wide array of open-architecture service providers. With a full range of business solutions including a strong back-office team and LinkUP middleware that bridges to and integrates a wide range of industry leading technology, United Planners provides the tools, resources and solutions independent advisors need to efficiently manage and build profitable, client-centered businesses while adhering to high fiduciary standards.
To speak with the Partner Development team, call (800) 966-8737. For additional information, visit www.UnitedPlanners.com.
Media Contact: Leslie Swid, Impact Communications, 913-649-5009, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE United Planners