Colorado’s Most Scenic Drives Are Found On Its Championship Golf Courses
DENVER, July 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — With more than 250 golf courses, Colorado offers a diverse mix of championship golf courses for players of all levels. Following is a sampling of golf courses throughout Colorado that showcase the best of the mountains, valleys, rivers and more. For additional information on golfing in Colorado, visit www.COLORADO.com.
- Club at Crested Butte – Set across 160 scenic acres, the private course offers public tee times and five sets of tees. Known for its championship-quality fairways and greens, the course is a hidden gem in the Elk Mountain Range.
- Hillcrest Golf Club - Hillcrest Golf Club overlooks the historic town of Durango and boasts affordable greens fees of just $36 for 18 holes. With spectacular views of the Colorado Rockies, many golfers enjoy walking the course.
- Mount Massive Golf Course – At 9,640 feet, it is the highest-elevation golf course in America. Just a short drive from the Top of the Rockies Scenic and Historic Byway, the course provides views of the state’s highest mountains.
- The Golf Club at Redlands Mesa – In 2010, Colorado Golf Magazine named it the No. 1 public golf course in Colorado. At the base of the Colorado National Monument, the 18-hole course presents 11 elevated tees, 41 bunkers and a true championship layout.
- Pole Creek Golf Club – At 8,600 feet above sea level, it is one of the highest 27-hole courses in North America with views of the Continental Divide. This year, Colorado Avid Golfer Magazine‘s People’s Choice CAGGY Awards voted the course the No. 1 Mountain Course.
- Garden of the Gods Club - A challenging 27-hole classic golf course separated into three nine-hole courses, the club provides members and guests with bunkered greens, towering pines and landscaping highlighting the lush mountain range.
- Ballyneal Golf Club – Offering one of the truest forms of authentic links golf in the country, the club has been recognized by Golf Magazine as No. 46 on the list of Top 100 Courses in the United States and features a vast, open landscape on the Northeastern Colorado High Plains.
- Solheim Cup – On August 13-18, the Cup comes to Parker, Colo. to feature the best players from the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) Tour and the Ladies European Tour (LET).
Contacts: Elysia Myers / 970-623-7729, email@example.com
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office